CHAPTER 21: His Asset [✔]

KATE’s P.O.V.

“Elijah...” I moaned his name as we exchange our position.

        I’m currently laying on the couch while he started to kiss my neck. I don’t know how did it happened, but we just found ourselves driven by the heat of our kisses.

      After a few moments, he stopped, both of our breathes are ragged. He gently pushed me away from his body, before helping me to sit up. He moved away, massaging his temple as he looked so bothered because of what happened, I guess.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, confused.

“You’re drunk, Kate. You don’t know what you’re doing. I don’t want to take advantage of your weakness...” he stated, making me blushed.

        He’s not the man I think he is. He still got some respect for me. He didn’t let lust to get in the way of him being a respectful man to someone drunk like me. I smiled, thinking how lucky I am.

“I’m sorry, Kate.”

“Elij...”

“Shhh. You probably wouldn’t even remember this tomorrow. Just take a rest for now.”

        He looked at me, I just stared at him blankly before scooting closer towards his location. I rest my head on his shoulder, surprised that he didn’t bother to push me away. I expected him to be mad but he didn’t. In fact, he let me sleep with him in that position. He put his head at the top of mine and I just let myself be drowned by a deep slumber. He’s wrong. I will never forget this night. The first night I spent with him.

        The night passed by so fast. I just found myself waking up besides Elijah, smiling as I remember what happened last night. I looked up, seeing his handsome face still peaceful by a deep sleep. I sat up, touching his face before I planted a small kiss on his forehead.

        I walked around his house, trying to find my things. Thankfully, I still have my phone with me. I turned it on, seeing a several messages and missed calls from Mom and Dad. I gasped, remembering what I did. My parents are probably worried right now.

         I search for a piece of paper and a ballpen from Elijah’s stuffs. I don’t want to wake him up specially now that he looks so exhausted because of the events of yesterday. And because he’s a teacher, I easily found what I needed before I started writing a thank you note for him.

         I fixed myself, before leaving his apartment. I promised to thank him personally someday for letting me stay at his home even just for a night. If it wasn’t for him, maybe I should’ve already experienced sleeping on a cold sidewalk beside the street.

         As I rushed outside, a cab suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and I instantly got inside to come home. The trip didn’t took that long for Elijah’s apartment is just near our new house. I paid the cab using my remaining cash before I went inside of our residence.

“Kate?! Kate!” Mom dashed over before she gave me a tight hug. “I’m so worried about you! I thought you wouldn’t come home anymore!”

“Mom... I’m sorry for what I did last night.” I looked down, feeling guilty.

“That’s fine, sweetie. Forget it already. The only important thing right now is that you’re finally here...”

        She hugged and kissed me again before dragging me inside of our house.

“Come and eat. I know you’re probably hungry...”

“Mom?”

“Yes?” he looked at me, still worried.