CHAPTER 44: Sweet Cuddles [✔]

KATE’s P.O.V.

          Elijah take me in his small apartment, and it feel great, being in this place once again. I look around the inner part of his home. It’s so good to know that he didn’t even thought about changing his address for the past few years of his life. Because if he did, I’m pretty sure that I wouldn’t be able to find him anymore if ever that I did came back here myself.

“What are you thinking?” I nearly squeal as I suddenly feel his lips on my temple.

“Shit! You startled me!” I complained.

“Sorry,” was his short response. Though he managed to wrapped his hands around my waist.

“Elijah?” I called him, badly wanting to tell him something that is been bothering my mind ever since we became an official couple... Which is one thing that I didn’t expect to happen. Who would have thought that my friend way back in high school would be my lover, right?

“Yes?” he asked, before pulling me down to sit on his lap as he did to the couch.

“I was just wondering... Since we are officially... You know,” I trailed off, and he chuckled.

“Officially love birds?”

            I laughed at his statement, before turning around to face him. And then with a serious expression plastered upon my face, I gentle caressed his cheeks.

“You know... Mom is asking if what is the real score between us...”

“And what did you tell her?” he curiously asked, teasing me for a kiss as he lean closer to my lips.

“I told her...”

        My voice trembles, before I finally closed the gaps between our lips. I couldn’t contain myself anymore. What did I ever do for him to seduce me like this?! After our short but very passionate kiss, he pulled away, both of us catching our breaths.

“And what did you told her, Ms. Frias?” he asked, his voice was deep and raspy, but I could see that he is trying his best to prevent a smile from forming out of his lips.

“Sorry about that,” I apologized.

“Sorry about what? Why are you apologizing to me?” Elijah asked, his brows furrowed and almost touching in intense confusion.

“About kissing you.”

          He laughed, before he gave me another smack on my lips.

“You don’t need to apologize for doing that, Kate. Always remember that I am officially yours now.”

          I smiled, before giving him a hug. I heard him chuckled, and so I pulled away, trying to remember our conversation earlier. Mom needs to know about our relationship... Because that is the only way that I could finally claim Elijah as mine.

“Elij... Would you come home with me? I mean... Would you help me tell my Mom about this?”

         He stared at me for exactly five seconds, before I decided to looked away and avoid his gaze. Damn. Maybe now he’s thinking that I’ve already gone crazy. For Pete’s sake, we are twenty nine years old now, and yet, Here I am, asking him to join me in admitting to my Mom that we are now in a relationship.

“Hey...” I heard him chuckled, before lifting up my chin for our eyes to met once again.

“I-It’s fine if you d-don’t want to, Elijah... I mean...” I trailed off, stuttering.

“Hey, hey... Why wouldn’t I want to meet the person who raised a beautiful and fine woman like you?”

         My eyes lit up, as I instantly stare at him intently in his deep and hypnotizing orbs.