CHAPTER 25: His Rectifying Graze [✔]

WARNING: Rated-R scenes ahead. Please don’t read if you’re still a minor. Strictly for 18 years old and above.

KATE’s P.O.V.

          After our lunch, Mom and Dad let me head home alone for they have something to talk to about... That’s what they told me. So I drove one of our car before receiving a text from Elijah. A smiled slowly formed on my lips as I read his message. He wanted to meet up with me at his apartment. His classes just ended and he said that he have something to tell me about. I felt excited, thinking that maybe he already got a plan for us.

          When I arrived in front of his apartment, he still isn’t there. So I decided to stay calm and wait for him. Besides, Darren doesn’t even visits his bestfriend very often.

       After a few minutes of waiting or so, a familiar car parked in front of me. And when the car door opened, I saw Elijah, holding a box of pizza and some drinks on his other hand. I smiled, seeing him looking happy for the very first time since our high school graduation.

“Hey!” he greeted me.

“Hi...”

“Sorry to make you wait. I bought something for us,” he proudly stated.

“Thank you... Though I could probably eat it all. I haven’t had a good lunch...” I stated, remembering what happened earlier.

          He stopped opening his door for a moment, looking at me with a worried expression plastered upon his face.

“Why? Did something happened?” he asked.

“Not that much... Darren and I had our prenuptial photoshoot... He looked so bothered...”

        I heard him chuckled, causing me to look intensely at him. But he didn’t mind me. Instead, he continued to open his door before holding my hand to pull me inside.

“Why are you smiling to yourself?” I asked, curious at his actions.

“Nothing. I just did something that maybe, just maybe... Could help us.”

“And what is that? Please tell me, I badly wanted to know.”

         He put down the foods and beverages on his living room table before kissing the tip of my nose.

“It’s a secret. At least now I know that it had an effect on Darren. Let’s just wait for him to cancel the wedding.”

       I looked down, looking worried as I remembered my Dad. What will he say or do if ever Darren decided not to marry me anymore? Will I bring another disappointment towards him? I hope not. If that’s the price that I have to pay just to be happy with Elijah... I don’t know if my conscience could take that.

“Hey...” Elijah tap one of my cheeks before he smiled at me. “Are you okay?”

        He’s looking so great and I don’t want to ruin his mood. So I decided to just nodded before I tiptoed to reach his lips. I gave him a quick kiss, causing him to blush. He looked at me in awe, as I sat down to his couch.

“I’m inviting myself to your couch, I guess.”

        He chuckled, before looking at me with amusement in his eyes.

“What was that for?” he asked.

“What?” I questioned back, trying to act innocent.

“That kiss...”