CHAPTER 04: Her First Love [✔]

KATE’s P.O.V.

         Today is the day that I've been waiting for. Whenever I’m thinking about it, I still feel nervous. But of course I wouldn’t chicken out. I promised that to myself... I promised that to my bestfriend.

         Claire worked very hard to set this up and I wouldn’t let that hard work of hers to be wasted. I owe it to her to at least do this on my own. I promised to make this day count.

“Ms. Kate? Someone is looking for you outside,” one of our maids stated.

         I ran towards the mirror in my room to check out myself. I’m pretty sure it’s Gabriel. He won’t be late, I guess. I’m currently fixing myself up before I heard another call coming from one of my maids.

“I’m coming!”

         I went downstairs only to find Atty. Gomez. He is one of my father’s bestfriend, Mr. Darrel Herrera’s most trusted lawyer. I looked at him in dismay. I thought it was Gabriel, but I was wrong.

“What is it that you want?” I laughed bitterly, still disappointed.

“I came here to check you up. Mr. Herrera told me that your Dad asked him a favor. But since he’s too busy, he asked me to do it for him instead. So, how are you, Kate?”

          I rolled my eyes towards him before saying another word. Really? My parents asked this man just to see how am I doing? Maybe they are already loosing their minds. If they are really worried about me, they should’ve come here to see me and how I’m doing themselves.

“I’m fine, Atty. Gomez. You don’t need to come here. Besides, I have something more important to do.”

“And what is it?” he asked again, not wanting to let our conversation go.

“It’s none of your business.”

“I won’t go until I couldn’t get anything from you. I’m sure that Mr. Herrera would ask me to report something to your parents.”

         I was about to speak when I heard a car coming from outside of our house. I nearly laugh as a mischievous idea suddenly popped into my mind. It just appeared out of nowhere. I smirked to Atty. Gomez, before saying another word.

“I have a date, okay? Now would you let me go? My boyfriend was already waiting for me outside.”

“You have a what?! Your Mom and Dad will surely be mad if they found out about this.”

“Why do you care, anyway? I need to go now, Atty. Gomez. Please tell to my Mom and Dad that if they wanted to check me out next time, they should come home and ask me personally. They should not asked someone I don’t even know like you to come here and meddle with my life. Goodbye, Atty. Gomez.”

         I walked away, not wanting to heard his awful, unreasonable response. As I stepped out from our mansion, my heart started to beat so fast and my knees are now trembling out of nervousness.

“Hey, Kate. Let’s go?” Gabriel asked.

“Uhm... Sure.”

        I got inside of his car through the door beside the passenger seat. As soon as I look at him, I felt anxious and I regretted sitting beside him. I should’ve gone to the backseat instead. But I also don’t want him to think that I’m a spoiled brat who’s treating him like a driver.

“Are you okay? You looked bothered,” he casually stated.

“I’m fine,” was my short reply.