CHAPTER 29: The Acceptance [✔]

KATE’s P.O.V.

        Acceptance. That’s what I learned. Accept those people who love you for what you truly are and for those who put you on too much pressure, still accept them. I learned that we can’t please everyone by trying to change ourselves. We just need to be in the proper place and time to feel loved and accepted.

“Enjoy your honeymoon, Mom, Dad...” I laughed, talking to my parents through a video chat online.

          Mom laughed, while I saw how Dad put his arms around her causing her to blushed even more. They look so cute together. It seems like they came back being a silly and in love teenagers again.

“Of course we will,” Dad stated, looking mischievously at Mom.

“Stop it, Armando. I don’t want our daughter to have a nightmare because of us.”

         I laughed at Mom’s statement once again. Since they decided to do a reenactment of their honeymoon, they flew all the way to Cuba just to be alone together while I was left here, in the Philippines.

“So, are you doing great back there, Kate?” Dad asked me.

“Yes, Dad. I’m doing really great. In fact, I’m so happy right now.”

“Glad to hear that from you, sweetie. Your Dad and I will probably get back there as soon as we can.”

“Please don’t rush, Mom. I’m fine, really.”

“Do you heard our daughter? She’s fine...” Dad stated, making Mom blushed once again. I laughed, seeing them very happy.

“I need to go now, Mom. I’ll call you later.”

“Sure! Bye sweetie! We love you!”

“I love you too!”

         I dropped the call as soon as we finished waving our goodbyes to each other. I decided to come to Elijah’s apartment, since I had nothing to do for today. I tried to call his number, but he’s not answering so I decided to just go straight ahead toward his apartment.

          I drove for about twenty minutes before I reached his home. I knocked several times, but he wasn’t answering nor opening the door for me. Then I remembered that he have some work for today. I mentally slapped myself, not thinking about his scheduled. I sat down in front of his door, resting my head on the walls of his house. I waited there like an idiot, until I didn’t realized that I have already fallen asleep.

          When I woke up, I just found myself laying down on Elijah’s bed. I smiled, thinking that maybe he carried me all the way from the outside of his home until here. I sit up, yawning. I smelled a delicious scent coming from the small kitchen, so I decided to go there and see it for myself.

         I saw Elijah standing there, whistling a song. I think he’s preparing something for us. I slowly went towards him, before giving him a tight hug from behind. I felt him stiffened, but after a few moments, I heard him chuckled before he softly caressed my arms that is securely wrapped around his waist.

“You’re awake...”

“Yeah. Thanks for carrying me.”

“You’re always welcome.” He turned around facing me now. “You know what, you can have the duplicate of my apartment key so that you can come here any time that you want.”

“Really?” I asked, smiling.

“Yup. And besides, I wanted to marry you as soon as possible so you’ll live here with me forever...”

        Is that an indirect proposal? I asked myself. I hope so too. If Elijah is going to ask me any time soon, I wouldn’t hesitate to gave him my sweetest answer... And that was a big yes.

“I can’t wait for that day to happen, Elijah. I love you.”

          I tiptoed, reaching his face to give him a kiss. He gladly responded, and we share another hot kiss that I don’t know where it will lead us to. He’s slowly lifting up my skirt when we both smell a burning scent over the stove. We stopped kissing, before looking at each other.

“I think we burned the food,” I stated, unsure.

“We burned it because of our hotness.”

“Jerk,” I whispered, smiling to myself.

          I turned around, starting to walk away to go and sit on his couch when I heard him turned off the stove. He ran towards my direction before lifting my feet off the ground. I nervously laughed, afraid that I might fall from his arms.

“Whoah, Elijah! Put me down this instance!”

“Nope. I won’t.”

          He sat down on his couch, me still squirming in his arms.

“Stay. I’ll just order pizza for us. For now, you’re the one that I’m going to eat.”

“What?” I asked, laughing at his statement.

          My laughter was cut short when he started to kiss me again, rougher this time. I quickly responded, knowing where these kisses are going to lead us to again. And I’m right. We did it. We made love.

          I just found myself laying at the top of him while he’s still sleeping, looking tired. I stared at him for a moment, feeling lucky to see the man of my dreams. Why didn’t I noticed it before? Elijah is a very handsome man... Though I just realized it after almost a decade when we first met again at the mall.

          I raised my hand before touching his face. I could really live like this forever. Just seeing his face makes me feel already completed. What more if this man would ask me to marry him? I know I couldn’t probably refused him.

         I sat up, still staring at him. I gave him a kiss to his forehead, nose, and then to his red kissable lips. Then I stood up, feeling hungry. I remembered that he promised me that we are going to ordered some pizza. So maybe I’ll call for a delivery now. I’ll just wake him up later to pay it. I put on my clothes, before covering Elijah with his blanket. It’s pretty chilly, having the air conditioner turn on in the late night.

          After fixing myself, I gone through his stuffs on the living room table, hoping to find his phone or anything that I could use to call a pizza guy. But there’s nothing out here. So I decided to open the drawer beside his table, hoping to find anything. But instead of a phone, something else caught my attention. It was a white envelope, his name is written pretty badly on it.

         I opened the envelope, surprise to see my pictures and any other photos of stuffs related to me. Claire is even here. Then I saw a letter inside, stating it was from Mr. Elijioh Ramirez, maybe he’s Elijah’s Dad.

          I nervously unfold the letter, seeing two words at the top of it. “Get revenge.” That’s what it said. Reading the rest of the letter makes me feel anxious and nausea, and that’s when I thought that maybe... Just maybe, Elijah just used me to get the revenge his Dad wanted. He only used me just like Darren and Gabriel.