CHAPTER 28: His Amending Heart [✔]

KATE’s P.O.V.

          I took a deep breath before knocking on his apartment door. I’m currently in front of Elijah’s home, my mind debating whether I should see him or not an hour earlier. But my heart won and now I am here, waiting for him to answer.

         I raised my trembling hands, was about to knock again when the door swing opened, revealing Elijah wearing only a khaki pants while his body is topless. I opened my mouth, trying to say something but nothing came out.

“Why are you here?” he asked, his face has a blank expression plastered upon it.

“Elijah... I’m...”

“What?” he asked, impatiently.

           I bit my lower lip, mentally slapping myself for coming here unprepared. What am I supposed to say now?

“If you have nothing to say, then you may leave, Ms. Frias.”

“Wait–” He shut the door in front of my face.

             I violently pounded on his door, annoyed at the fact that he’s playing hard to get. Though I can’t blame him for being like this. I just want to talk to him but I couldn’t find any words to express myself.

“Elijah!” I shouted.

          The door swing opened for the second time around. This time, he looks so furious at what I’ve done.

“What the fuck do you want?!”

          I was stunned, hearing him raised his voice towards me. I couldn’t move, nor speak. Tears started to form at the corners of my eyes.

“Sorry...” I looked down. “Maybe I’m just gonna come back here the next day.”

            I turned around, before I started to walked away. I heard him groaned, before I felt his hand on my arm. He pulled me inside of his apartment, before closing his door. He pinned me at the wall, looking at me with his intense eyes.

“E-Elijah...”

           His breath is getting heavier and heavier each passing seconds, his orbs are still staring at me. My eyes swelled in tears, before I let go of a few sobs. Seeing him being like this because of me brought guilt to my system. I rested my forehead on his chest, unable to say anything as I cried.

          His body stiffened, but as he took another deep breath, I felt his hands slowly embracing my body.

“I-I’m sorry... Elijah. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you like that... I was so stupid... I’m stupid.”

         I heard him chuckled, before he pulled me closer towards his body. He wrapped hi hands around me and I instantly felt his warmth. It felt nice.

“You’re stupid. But you should he thankful. I love a stupid person... And that is you.”

           I felt his lips on my hair. My hands gripped tightly on his arms and I feel like I didn’t want to let go anymore.

“I love you too, Elijah. You amended my heart... So many times than I expected.”

           He gently pushed me a little, looking at my face like he’s asking if what I just said is true. He shoot me a questionable look and I just nodded as I response.

“I love you, Elijah. I guess I always been.”

         He smiled, his hands around my waist. He slowly moved towards me, and I closed my eyes. I felt his lips on mine. It was a gentle but a very passionate kiss. He pulled away biting his lower lip.