Chapter 1

"The concept of Soulmates dates back to the first documented case over 100 years ago in what our ancestors called the Roaring Twenties. When both parties turn 18, the male can hear any song/music his Soulmate is listening to. The louder the music is, the closer she is to him. Once they meet, he can control the volume and even turn it off. The female will have dreams about her Soulmate that will lead her to him."

Gloss snapped her head to pay attention; she had been in a car accident when she was young. She had severe brain damage and lost her father. When she woke up, her mom told her what had happened and that she was fine; they were aware of no significant side effects. 

It wasn't until she was a little older that they realized there was one side effect: she had CWS, Charcot-Wilbrand Syndrome. She doesn't dream; she has issues recalling memories and pictures in her head. If finding a soulmate meant she could dream, then Gloss was all for it. She raised her hand and interrupted the professor, "What are the odds of having a soulmate?"

She looked at her like Gloss had two heads: "Ms. Parker, I literally just answered that question. Are you paying attention at all?" Gloss blushed bright red and mouthed sorry: "As I was saying, the numbers have dwindled over the years. The odds of having a soulmate are 1 in ten million."

Gloss sighed. No way was going to happen to her. She turns 18 tomorrow, so soon we'll find out if she has one.

"Hyung what cha doing?" Yoongi turned to look at Jimin, who was grinning from ear to ear.

"Nothing. I'm just trying to write music, but nothing is coming to me."

Jimin looked at his Hyung. He's always been an introvert, but he's getting weirder here lately. He wanted to ask, but with his mood swings, you just never know. "Want to go out with us? We'll eat and drink since Kook can legally drink now."

Yoongi didn't want to go, but if he didn't, he'd be the only one, and he wouldn't do that to them. It's been seven years, and odds are he doesn't have a soulmate. He's destined to die alone, he guesses. Yeah, he can find someone. He is in BTS, but Yoongi wants to know that the person wants him for him and not because he's Suga. 

"I'll go, but it's 1 in the afternoon; it's a bit early, right?"

Jimin, being the lush he was, just shrugged, "It's 5:00 somewhere. Besides, we don't have anything to do tomorrow."

Yoongi chuckled at the reasoning: "Okay, sure, it's 5:00 somewhere." Jimin grabbed the elder's arm and dragged him out of the studio. They made it to the restaurant that they frequent a lot. The owner came out as soon as he saw them and immediately took the seven of them to the upstairs room so they could eat and drink in privacy. They didn't have to worry about fans seeing them or people sneaking photos. They could relax and have a good time. 

About an hour into the meal, Yoongi had four solid drinks and no food. "Who is singing Happy Birthday?" Yoongi asked Taehyung. He looked at him like the elder was crazy.

"No one, Hyung."

"I swear someone is singing Happy Birthday and singing it in English; what is going on?"

All six stopped to look at him. Yoongi was clutching his head when Jin looked over at him and said, "Yoongi, I think your soulmate just turned 18."

"Happy Birthday, dear Gloss. Happy birthday to you."

He just started laughing. It's been seven years, and he was beginning to think it would never happen, and now his Soulmate is named Gloss. This was perfect! Yoongi looked up at his brothers. "Her name is Gloss. What are the odds?" He couldn't help smiling. This is perfect. "Well, her name is Gloss, and since the song was in English and it wasn't really loud, I'm guessing she's either in the States or England."