35 : Jackson And Rae - Farewell

"What is the meaning of this, mom?!" Jackson barged into her room with anger. Madam Yu looked at him, a smirk form on her face.

"What I did wrong?"

"Don't take me as a fool, mom! You're the one who asked Viv to sent me home last night so she can fuck me!" he yelled at his mother. No more respect for her. Right now, he saw her as an evil woman.

"Did you enjoy it? She's very good in bed, you know?" Madam Yu just added more fuel to the fire pit.

"You are crazy, mom! How can you let your son do adultery?! Are you out of your mind! I will remind you once again. I am married!" Madam Yu stood up and took out something from her drawer. She threw the file on her desk and looked at him with a sarcastic look.

"Yes, I am crazy since I knew my lovely in-law couldn't get pregnant! She's infertile! You try to keep this from me, but I ain't fool you know? As much as you pay the doctor, I can give him a double!" Jackson felt his throat dry. He looked at the medical report on the desk.

"I can't understand why you still wanna keep her with you? She can't give you kids, don't you realize it?! I admit I asked for Vivian's help. She's a healthy woman with a healthy womb that can give you kids in the future!" Madam Yu talked with a sharp tone and doesn't even need to raise her voice.

"You can't do that! I love Rae so much! I will never cheat on her!"

"Then, just divorce her! You can marry Vivian,"

"I can't! I love her so much!"

"Till when will you realize that she doesn't love you at all?" her question made him startled.

"What are you talking about, mom?"

"Even a blind man can tell that she never loves you. From the beginning, I knew she would never love you, especially when she realized she was just a pawn for her dad. Marrying you makes her feel that she's not valuable anymore..." said Madam Yu. Jackson gritted his teeth, anger sipped into his heart.

"Jackson, she never loves you. She stays because you love her and she feels safe. But that's not enough for her. I can see her heartbroken day by day, looking at you who loves her so much, but she can't love you back like that. Just let her go, Jack.." she tried to persuade him.

Jackson was so confused right now. He tried to process the facts from his mother.

"Listen to me, Jack. You only make her suffer day by day. That's a selfish attitude. She can love you if she wants. But I don't think so. If you care about her, I suggest it's better to let her go.." Madam Yu gave her son a piece of good advice. She can't watch her son's, unrequited love. She felt mad at Rae, but she can't blame her for that too.

"I will never divorce her! I love her, and she stays with me!" Jackson stormed out of the room, leaving Madam Yu sighed heavily.

------------------

Jackson POV

Rae never spoke to me ever again. It had been two months by then. Our relationship had slopped down, from better to worst. Before that, Rae would at least welcome me home. But then, she started running away from me.

I tried to explain to her, but Rae shut herself. She always seemed pensive, looking away whenever she took an evening walk in the garden. I knew she was in pain, but she didn't voice it out. She kept it to herself.

Until one day, she came into my office.

"What made you come here, baby?"

"I wanted to give you this.." she handed out a huge brown envelope to me. I took the envelope and took out the contents.

"Let's get divorced, Jack.."

"But why?! If it's about Viv, it's a mistake!" she looked at me, with no tears in her eyes. She looked calm and ethereal as usual.

"I know you are innocent, Jack. But there's one thing that you should know too. Viv is pregnant," I almost dropped to my knees. But I tried to hold myself against the table.

"To keep your family's dignity, you need to marry her. And, to marry her, you need to divorce me. So, let's end this.."

"How can you be so calm when you say this?! Do you have any heart, any feeling?!" I yelled at her, devastated by her reaction after she blasted me with the news just now.

"What do you want me to do, Jack? Yell like crazy? Choke you to death?" she looked at me.

"Yes! I want you to do that! Kill me, yell at me! You have rights, I am your husband!" I held her hand tight. Looks like I was begging her so she could kill me by then.

"I feel relieved. It seems that your future is secure now. You will become a father in nine months. There you are, a complete family!" she smiled at me, caressing my cheek slowly. I could feel my tears rolling on my cheek.

"No... please don't leave me, Rae. I'm begging you!"

"Jack, why do you want to live with me when you know you can't have any future?" she asked me.

"You are my future. I want my future with you, not with somebody else!" I cried like a baby in front of her.

"Jack... I think I never treated you right. I tried to love you as you do, but I couldn't. There was no love in me for you. I couldn't pretend to love you for the rest of my life! It was unfair for both of us!" she tried to convince me about her feelings.

"If you love me, please let me go.." I couldn't hold my emotions anymore. I hugged her tight, never wanting to let her go.

"I can't..."

"Yes, you can. I know you, you are not a selfish person, right?" she pulled away as she looked at me with a sad face.

"I'm begging you, Jack. Please let me go.."

-----------------

As much as I loved her, finally, I agreed to let her go. She stated her reason as 'incapable of giving an heir' in the divorce document. I felt so sad at that time. I tried to offer her a huge amount of compensation, but she refused," Jackson plays with the ring on his fourth finger that he never takes out.

"Turns out, she sold one of her paintings; Depth. And she used the money to start fresh at Rose Town. Although we are friends now, I still never stop loving her. Seeing her crying the day when you left her made me realize how much she loves you. She never cries like that or smiles like that when she's with me. She loves you, from the past until now. Maybe until forever," said Jackson.

His heart clenches. Hearing the words from Jackson made him realize how great Rae's love for him was. She had never been happy in her life until the day they met and fell in love with each other. He had done an injustice to her!

"I need to see her!"

"Better make it fast, Youn.."

"Why?"

"Because she's planning to run away again. This time, she might leave for good," says Jackson.

"How did you know?"

"She already sold Drowning. She asked Joe to arrange the buyer for her. From what I can see, she did the same with Depth. She sells her memories to start her new life," says. Jackson. Youn's heart starts pounding fast. He quickly grabs his car keys when Mint suddenly comes in and stops him.

"Sir, do you want to leave? They will announce the winner soon!"

"I need to, or Rae will run away from me.." he ins in panic mode. Mint smiles at him. He already knew the whole story. He had been listening from outside the room.

"Don't worry sir, she won't go anywhere.."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Trust me, okay? First, let's get ready to grab the honor.." Mint says, dragging him back to the auditorium.