36: My Love By My Side - The Beauty Enclosure

Rae is cleaning her room. She packs several clothes in a huge bag and piles more clothes on the bed. She checks everything, in case she leaves something behind.

"Offer letter!" she walks towards her study, takes the letter from the table, and looks at it a few times. An offer to pursue a Degree in Contemporary Art with a scholarship. And one million dollar cheque along with the letter.

She continues packing her things. She needs to leave early tomorrow. She can't be late as she has an appointment with the house agent. She looks at the hanok with a heavy heart. But she knows Taylor will take care of the house when she's not around for a while. He's a grown-up man now, and she's ready to let him go.

She walks into the kitchen when suddenly the hanok goes blackout. She has forgotten her phone in the room, so she slowly crawls back into her room when she suddenly collides with someone. She almost falls, but the person catches her fast.

"Rae, it's me.. Taylor!" she hugs him tight.

"It's so sudden! I can't even grab my phone.."

"Never mind, just come with me. Let's go outside first, okay?" she nods and follows Taylor. The boy grabs her hand and leads the way. She steps out of the house when suddenly Taylor lets go of her hand and smiles in front of her.

"Tay? What's wrong?" he doesn't answer her. He just walks backward and leaves her in the middle of the hanok's compound.

Suddenly, everything goes so bright. Twinkle lights are shining brightly in front of her. She realizes that she is now standing in the middle with the orchestra group right in front of her. The environment is so romantic, with lights brightening the whole compound and lots of carnations in baskets, arranged neatly to make a path for a person to walk.

There's Taylor and Mint, leading the orchestra group. They come along with the instruments, except for the big one and the electric one.

"What's all this for? Tay? Mint?" Rae asks them again. They just keep smiling.

"Ready, guys?" Taylor gives the signal for them to begin. The instruments start playing. It's the song that Youn used to sing for her.

My Love, by My Side...

The day all my love leaves are,
When while I'm with you behind your laughter
My foolish greed and much lingering feelings arise
And I wonder if you will be there, perhaps not

The time has gone far so I'm heading home
But you, who have made a promise with me, don't come back

My way back, where I try to smile,

Feels so strange and far

When I feel myself alone, in between those thin branches,
Will you remember me, in this much pain?

You, my love, stay by me
Only you, the only one in the world
On a rough day, if you also leave me
As I stagger, where will I be embraced

When I feel myself alone, in between those thin branches,
Will you remember me, in this much pain?

You, my love, stay by me

Only you, the only one in the world
On a rough day, if you also leave me
As I stagger, where will I be embraced

Rae holds her breath as she sees someone walking along the carnation road, carrying a bouquet of carnations in his arms. He smiles at her, taking one step at a time, making Rae feel anxious. She also walks towards him with tears rolling down her cheeks.

They meet in the middle of the road, gazing at each other with a longing in their hearts.

"Youn.." she looks at him, crying softly. He comes to her, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Rae, I'm sorry for leaving you. I know I treated you badly, and I don't deserve your love at all. But today someone reminded me of how much your heart is filled with love only for me. And I realized how lucky I am to have you by my side. How foolish I was! I should have trusted you! I'm sorry, Rae! I love you so much, and I'm sorry..." Rae can't wait any longer. She pulls Youn into her embrace, hugging him tightly while crying in his arms. He caresses her hair softly and kisses her forehead.

"You have done nothing wrong. It's me.."

"No, I was wrong. I should have trusted you. I'm sorry.."

"I already forgive you. But Youn, please don't leave me again, okay? I can't live without you. I've suffered for almost ten years. Now that you are by my side, I don't want to lose you again!" she pleads with him.

"No, I won't leave you. Let's live together, grow older together, and be together until the end. You will never lose me again. I promise to change my attitude and be a better man for you. I promise to love you, forever and always.." he pulls out a ring from the small box that he brought along with him.

"I still wear my engagement ring.."

"This is a wedding band. I want to marry you, live forever with you, and love you until the day I die.." Rae is shocked. She looks around and notices that Yoo-Ji is there too, along with Joe and Jazz, standing side by side, looking at them with huge smiles.

Sunny holds his son in his arms, with Rhea standing next to him, wiping her tears. Jackson is also present, looking at her and nodding his head. Everybody in Rose Town starts flooding the hanok's compound. Even the mayor is present. It looks just like a real wedding!

"So Rae.. will you be my wife?" she laughs as she wipes her tears away.

"What if I said no?" Youn glares at her. She is teasing him now.

"I'll drag you to my car, push you inside, and elope with you by force. So, don't force me.." he leans closer to her. She lightly smacks his chest.

"So...?"

"What?"

"Come on, Rae! Don't play with my heart! I just proposed to you, you know? It wasn't easy to put all this together with the orchestra and these people.."

"Correction! I'm the one who arranges all this, okay!" said Sunny from the side. They all start laughing when they see his sulking face.

"And, I'm the one who arranges the orchestra!" Taylor raises his hand.

"And, I'm the one who arranges the music score!" it's Mint's turn to claim his hard work. Youn smacks his head.

"Don't forget, we are the ones who contacted the Rose Town residents to come here and celebrate you guys!" said Joe.

"Yeah, it was a hard job, okay! We needed to send a text to everyone and invite the VIPs.." Jazz interrupts.

"Yeah.. yeah.. thanks, everyone, for a good job! But right now, I want to hear the answer.. so please chill a bit.." Youn looks at Rae, who is now blushing hard.

She then cups his face, bringing their lips together, giving him a deep and passionate kiss. After a moment, she pulls away and smiles.

"And that's my answer.. my hubby!" Youn cheers up when he gets the answer he wanted.

"She said yes!!! Yes!!!"

Everybody cheers and claps their hands. The atmosphere is merry and joyful, celebrating the union of two souls bound by a sacred bond.

A bond called LOVE...