19: Return To The Past

"Rae..." he can't believe his eyes. The lady stands there, wearing a white blouse with blue slim-fit jeans, looking just as ethereal as she did 10 years ago. She stutters, looking at a man she never expected to see.

"Youn..." it's the only word she can manage. Both of them stare at each other, unable to move or react.

"Rae... Rae... Oh, here you are! Come, we need to cut the cake... Oh, Mr. Wu, you too..." Taylor grabs her hand and drags her out, leaving Youn standing there still in shock.

------------------------------

"Happy birthday, Rae!" she looks at them, flashing a sweet smile.

"Come on, sis! Make a wish!" says Taylor. She looks at Youn, who sits across the table, his eyes fixed on her.

She closes her eyes, takes a moment to make her wish, and then blows out the candle. They all clap and cheer together. She cuts the cake carefully. Taylor takes a small piece and feeds her before planting a cute kiss on her cheek. She giggles, feeling shy and blushed.

They all sit down and enjoy the dinner. Sunny, Joe, and Jazz sit on a long bench, facing Mint, Taylor, and Cole. Rae sits in the special seat (according to Sunny) at the end of the table, while Youn takes the other side, facing her.

"This is from me and Mint," Taylor hands her a small box.

"Thanks. No need for a present actually!" she pinches his cheek playfully. The guy pouts cutely, looking at his sister.

Rae opens the box. Inside, there is a beautiful ring with a small peridot stone on top of it.

"It's beautiful... And expensive! How did you manage to buy this, young man?!" she frowns her eyebrows.

"I saved up the allowance that you gave me. Believe me, it's not that pricey," says Taylor. Mint nods in agreement.

"Okay, this is from me," Joe hands her a paper bag.

"Thanks, Joe," she takes a look inside the bag.

"Wow, I've been wanting this forever!! Thanks, Joe!" she flashes a novel at them. Joe smiles, showing off his signature dimple.

"And.. this is from me and Rhea. She's the one who chose this," Sunny suddenly blushes as he hands her a paper bag.

Rae takes a look inside the bag, and her face turns red. She quickly puts the bag away.

"Okay, who wants some dessert?" Rae asks suddenly. She quickly stands up and brings the presents along with her.

"Wait, we wanna know what Sunny gave you!" says Mint. Taylor nods, looking at her curiously.

"It's nothing, just some stuff.." before she can finish her words, Taylor grabs the paper bag from her and runs away.

"Tay!" she exclaims as she chases the boy from behind.

"Mint, catch this!" he throws the bag at the little man. Mint catches it and takes his leave.

"Yargh, give it back!" Rae yells at him. He sticks out his tongue and runs away.

"Tay!" He throws the bag at Taylor when Rae almost reaches him. They look hilarious, tossing and running around like children. Jazz, Joe, and Sunny laugh hard, watching them chase each other. Youn looks at Rae. He didn't realize that he's wearing a small smile. It's been a long time since he saw that smile.

God, he missed that smile!

"Let me take a look at it. Mint, just hold her tight!" Taylor says, between laughter and panting. He takes out the present from the paper bag. It's a brand new sexy two-piece swimsuit, in nude color.