Chapter 1

John POV

My name is John Laurens. Well it is now. It was formerly Joanna,I guess I should say I'm trans. I'm not really comfortable saying that but my best friends know. Although I wish my bestest and oldest friend, Alexander, was mine. And only mine. I could only hope and dream. He was head of the New York Times post, I was also working there, as an assistant for him.

I woke up on my bed and checked the time on my phone. 9:30..Sh*t! I'm late. I jumped out of bed, took a shower and put on my favorite sweater, some jeans and a pair of gray converse. I grabbed my phone, and an apple for breakfast. I ran out the door. "Keys...phone...and.. okay, that's everything!" I tied my hair back into a ponytail and made my way to the post office. "John! Mon ami you finally made it! Alex needs that report!" My friend Lafayette told me. I sigh "I emailed it to him last night! He should've got it by now." Lafayette's face looked like he was in realization "Oh." He mumbled. Laf's not really one to mumble but when he does he's either embarrassed or he just thought he was being stupid.

I take another bite of my apple and start making some coffee in the office kitchen. This was gonna be a very long day.