Chapter 10

John POV

I woke up with Alex hugging my waist. I'm assuming he fell asleep there. Either way he looks adorable. I can't believe I said that, no regrets though! I checked the time it was about 7:30, my surgery was in an hour and a half. But not focusing on that, I poked Alex's face. "Mmnh..."It was surprisingly squishy, no wonder Mrs. Washington pinches his face when she visits the office. I poke it again. "Stahp...that's my cheek meat..." I wheeze-laugh inhumanly. Then start coughing. I stop coughing after a bit. Then Alex wakes up. "Morning Al-" "Did you poke my face?" He interrupts me. "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I keep making that noise while trailing off slightly. "-hhhhhhhh no???" He looks at me with his judgemental insomniac eyes. It's basically a very intense intimidating squint.

"Lies. You're too adorable to believe."

"Well Sh*t then Al' I guess I can't lie well anymore!" I said all pouty to score some bonus points, guess this time I get good doe eyes from being Trans, good job me! And my mom, for giving bi- nevermind! "Anyway,I'm hungry, what's for-". Just then the Mullette power couple bursts through the door. "Hey mon ami!" Says Laf with a small brown bag. I make Alex's judgemental insomniac eye face except I call it the skeptical Bean face. Based on my stuffed turtle Bean. Duh. "Hello Lafayette." I say, suspicious of what he did.

"Put the skeptical Bean face away half-pint. We brought you breakfast." Hercules says smiling. I stop doing the face. Yey! He tosses me the bag, they leave smiling so my breakfast and I could have some privacy. And Alex as well. Totally. Hehhhhhhhhhh...Anyway I open the bag and find a croissant. "Oooh! Laf's famous croissants, can I have a piece?" I took off a small piece and gave it to Alex, my breakfast, my rules heh heh.

A doctor came in "Good Morning John."

She says with a small smile I had a piece of croissant in my mouth however I wave in response. "I'm afraid I have some bad news concerning your injuries." My breath hitched, Alex grabbed my hand but the doctor didn't notice. I nod slightly signaling her to go on "You know your ACL muscle is torn already. However, another muscle connecting your legs to your spinal cord is also broken. I'm upset to say that you'll never walk independently again."

I sit there in my own thoughts. I was gonna need crutches or a wheelchair. Well there's a bright side, I get to decorate them I guess. The doctor snaps me back into reality. "John? If you're listening to me, we had to move your surgery up to 8:30." She says calmly as she leaves. Alex puts a hand on my shoulder "You're gonna be okay Freckles." He smiles. I chuckle softly "What?" He asks. "Stop calling me freckles...dark eyes." I shot back. "Jokes on you, I think that sounds cool." He kisses my forehead. "After you get out of here I'm gonna give you the best date ever." He says, moving the hair out of my face.

-8:30 AM-

I was wheeled to room for surgery, Alex wasn't able to come. That made me even more scared. But at least I'll survive. The doctor from earlier looked at me with a reassuring look on her face before injecting me with anesthesia and an oxygen mask.

I

Cann...

Do

Thiss.........

Alex POV

John's surgery was supposed to take about an hour and a half. So I tried to take a nap. That didn't work, I went home so I could get Bean, his turtle plush. He was cute (talkin bout Bean), so I wanted to do something for him. Bean I mean, well John too, I'd think he would like it. So, I put my hair in a bun and found a box, perfect because it was labeled John's emergency craft supplies. With glitter on it.

-an hour later!—

And I made! A top hat. Perfect! I finished this in an hour, and it takes 25 minutes to get to the hospital where John is. I swung by our favorite boba place to grab his favorite and then headed over to the hospital.

John POV

Woof, my head..I woke up in a recovery room. There were flowers from everyone, and 'get well soon' cards as well. I was relieved. I look at my legs, which were healing. They're stiff and numb. I'm still nervous, Alex isn't here. I just need him., his loving touch and beautiful black eyes..and the way he just me up when he walks into a room..something drips on my hand and down my cheeks, I'm crying? I'm crying...I wipe my tears and hear the door click, I look up to see Alex, with two bags? I smile as my eyes widen. "Hey Freckles.." he says smiling. "Hi.." I say crying a bit. He sits in the chair next to me and pecks my lips. He pulls away getting ready to talk I think.

He gives me a bag, it's light blue, it's a pretty color. I open it, inside was Bean, cool, and a miniature top hat! Super cool, Bean was gonna be fly now! I look at Alex with a smile "Thanks Lex' How- How'd you-" he interrupts me "Your emergency craft supply kit." He says smugly "I told you it was useful, you butt!" I say happily. I put Bean beside me and put his top hat on which clicks in place?

"Magnets." Alex says smugly. I smile. "Is that-" Alex nods "I love you so so much" ;w; Alex gets confused. "You talkin to me or the boba?" I got real quiet and awkward. "I can love two things!" I say a bit embarrassed. "You said that about booze and anime. You chose booze." "It was cheap!" I shot back. He gave me the boba and -gasp- Egg Puffs! He really knows me. He kisses me on the forehead. "Thanks Alex.." I say leaning into his shoulder. "Your welcome Freckles." I got grumpy. "I will not hesitate to elbow you in the stomach." "Fair enough Peaches" "Thank you, now c'mon let's eat, I'm hungry and I want cuddles."

Alex POV

Of course I cuddled him, he's soft. He was supposed to be leaving in about two days. I'm pretty sure he would've gotten used to the god awful smell of hand sanitizer and disinfectants by now. "Hey Alex? I have a question." John mutters. "Shoot." I reply. He looks at me, "If I end up being disabled, would that change anything in our relationship?" I looked at him "Of course not my love. Why would you think that?" He looked at me. "I don't know,I just thought..." I cupped his face. "Nothing will change, yes your physical state has changed but that's pretty much it! I will always love you John.." He's crying now. "J-John!?" I wiped his tears. "I-I love you too Alex.."

-2 days later-

John POV

I AM OUT OF THE HOSPITAL!!!

ON ALEX'S BACK.

BECAUSE I CAN'T WALK.

When we got to his house, it felt new and fresh. I sit on the couch, getting there on my brand new wheelchair! Sparkle! Sparkle Sparkle! Too much? Too much. Alex looks at me smiling, "Feel better now that you're out of the hospital?" "Yeah!" I reply eagerly, to play video gaaa- oh what the f*ck. Alex literally jumps on top of me (Not hurting me though-) "Mmmm not as good as I'm gonna make you feel though.."

He unbuckles my jeans and lowers my underwear. Gender dysphoria is kind of hitting hard nowwwww- sh*t. He starts sucking me as I start relaxing around his tongue. "A-Alex.." I moan slightly as he pulls down my jeans and lifts my legs by my thighs, god it felt so good. He stops for a second, I pouted slightly. Not til after he throws me over his shoulder and carries me to the bedroom. "ALEX!!" I yell trying not to laugh. "Oh relax." He literally bites my *ss. "OW-" I wince. I was definitely in for it.

-like an hour later-

So.

That was eventful.

I'm laying down on Alex's chest. Surprisingly comfortable. "If my legs worked I would kick your *ss right now." I mutter angrily. "John, I just bit and licked yours. Repeatedly. I'd happily do it again." I got flustered "W-Whatever!" I sit up and grab my crutches to "walk" over to the closet. I put on one of Alex's Baggy shirts. "Much better." I said, sighing. "Anyway, go take a shower, we got some stuff to do." He smiles " Yes sir."

Sir. Sir John Laurens-Hamilton. It has a nice ring to it.

I hope :)

WOOSH! That's the sound of my energy going out the window. Anyway guess what y'all think is gonna happen next chapter ;3

1447 words