Chapter 4

(-Flashback-)

John (flashback) POV

Tw: cutting, seizures.

My boyfriend is abusing me. It's always the same old story, he gets drunk, comes home late and beats me senseless. I lock myself in the bathroom. I find a razor blade. 'I'm not worth anything.'

One cut for being worthless

Two for not being a real boy

It went on and on. I looked at my phone, went to my playlists,scrolled through all my songs and chose one. I didn't know this yet. It was called Happy Face

I turn it on. It seems catchy.

I listened to the words. Not the Beat not the melody, just the words. Hide everything in a Happy Face. Pain, sadness, numbness and just...mask it

-*+*- (flashback time skip)

I was smiling. I was just smiling, not being me. I waved, my sleeves covered my cuts.

Alex POV

John seemed off. He's smiling, it's 8 in the morning why the hell would he be smiling? I walk over to him "Heyy Jacky! I'm going to Libertea later, wanna come?" He looked at me with a smile (still smiling like a porcelain doll.) "Sure!" He said rather cheerfully. He told me his boyfriend, Francis, was abusing him. Either he finally broke up with John or he ran away.

-*+*-

I looked over at John for a while. He seemed normal but something was still off about him, like he's masking something. I walked over to him. "John, are you okay? You've been off literally all day and I'm worried about you..." He turned to me, with tear stains on his cheeks. He's been crying.."Fine." He said. I turn him around to face me. "Have you been crying?" He nods finally the tr- "Sad movie." He turned back to his laptop. I turn back to mine and put my earbuds in.