1- men with guns

Chapter 1: men with guns

I go higher and higher. Every time the swing goes higher i feel like i can almost touch the clouds!

"Higher!" I scream out in delight. I hear someone laughing and look down. There is a person standing there. I'ts a boy.. with brown hair? I try to see his face but i can't. His face is just one blurry spot. Suddenly the person stops laughing and starts running closer to me, to the swing.

"El! Watch out!"  Yells the unknown boy. Confused i look at him, what am i supposed to look out for? Suddenly i feel a strong wind and with a whoosh i fall down. I shriek as hard as i can and close my eyes, ready to hit the ground hard. But it never happens. Carefully i open my eyes and i get a big smile on my face . The boy has caught me!

"Superman!" I shout happily to the boy. He saved me. I want to put my arms around him , but the boy suddenly starts to chuckle. A chuckle that seems surprisingly familiar.

"Honey, I'm the bad guy." Laughs the boy, Suddenly in a very deep voice. I look back at the boy and now i can see his face. His hair is not brown anymore, it's gray. The boys face is very wrinkly and he has a big grin on his face trough wich you can see his rotten teeth. Mark, i think to myself anxiously. I start to scream very loudly.

With a jolt, i wake up. My breathing is rapid and i rub my forehead with my hand. Again that nightmare. I look around the room cautiously. I am lying on a mattress in a dirty basement with fifty other people,  who are still sleeping. A relieved sigh leaves my mounth, Mark is not here. I look around in the dark for my pillow, when i finally find it i pull out a gold locket from under it. This is the only thing i own,  they must not find it, this is the only thing i have from my family. With my finger i gently rub the locket. On the locket is engraved Ricci in ornate letters. Ricci, would that be my last Name? My family Name? Can this be the way to find my family? Would they still be alive? Will they remember me? I carefully open the locket. Inside is one dicoloured photograph. Through candlelight of a candle still lit, i can see ten faces. On the photo are a man and a women, with seven little boys and the women has a baby in her arms. Could that baby be me? Is this my family? Could these be my parents? And my brothers? Seven brothers, is a lot.  Would they really have done me away? Because there were so many of them and they couldn't take care of me? Or would they not want a girl? Do they miss me? Are they looking for me? Do they want me back? Or are they dead?

Suddenly a loud horn sounds. Time to get up. I hear my "roommates" sigh and groan. Quickly i close the locket again and hide it under my pillow. I get up from my mattress and stumble with pain over to a wooden cabinet where our uniforms hang. I grab my uniform and put it on. I hate this uniform. It is a black skirt that comes way too short, just below my ass. A black short top that comes halfway down my stomach with a deep cutout and ugly puff sleeves. Long white socks to just over my knee with a piece of lace on top. And a white apron that i tie around my waist. With a hair elastic i put my hair togheter in a tight bun and put on my black heels of 6 inches high. This is how we should look everyday. Like whores, wich we actually are according to Mark and his man.