3- lying of not

Isabella smiles sweetly at me.

--------------

Chapter 3 : lying or not

I look around me, we have been in a big building for three hours. There are doctors looking after us, police questioning us, psychologists, and relatives coming to pick someone up. A doctor had come to ask if I was hurt, and I had lied and said no, the other children have had it worse than me, they need to be taken care of first. There are only nine of us now. All the rest have already gone home to their families, I expected that there would be people who had no family, but we all have family. Well except me and the other eight children.

For some strange reason, they cannot find anything about our families. Well with those eight children they don't believe that my last name is Ricci. In the meantime I have discovered why they don't believe it, the Ricci's are a very famous family. They are very rich, they are sort of the bosses of the whole of London. The police are afraid of them, which I find strange. For the rest I know nothing about them, because the FBI agents start speaking Italian.

So now I sit here, on a chair next to the door of the toilet and next to a big plant. It is already afternoon. Isabella and Luke left immediately after I assured them that I did not need them. They should not wait with me, they should go to their families and celebrate that Isabella is finally back home. I will miss the girl.

"Mario!" A voice suddenly shouts. I look in the direction of the voice and see a woman of around forty running towards Mario, an eight-year-old boy still sitting here. Mario starts to cry and runs towards the woman.

"Mom!" Sobs the little boy. Mario puts his arms around the woman, who is his mum, and starts sobbing against her belly. Mario's mum protectively wraps her arms around her son and together they begin to sob.

I swallow the lump in my throat and turn my head away from the crying mother and son. All kinds of thoughts flash through my head. They don't believe I'm a Ricci, and I don't have my locket as proof. It is still under my pillow in Mark's house. A shiver goes through me when I think of Mark. He is still free, he walks around freely. He can take me back any time.

"Eleanor, right?" A voice interrupts my thoughts. I look up and see a woman in her late twenties. Her black hair is tied back in a ponytail. She is wearing a neat long black skirt to above her knees and a white blouse. She is one of the psychologists. I nod my head to her as a sign that I have heard her.

"Could I talk to you?" She asks. Only now do I discover how irritating this woman's voice is. It's like a high-pitched squeaky voice. I shrug my shoulders, I don't feel like talking now, I just want to go home. The woman takes that as a yes and grabs a chair and puts it in front of me before she sits down. She puts her handbag down on the floor and takes out a notebook and a pen. She opens the book and clicks her pen open.

"Okay Eleanor, can you tell me how long you've been in that house?" Asks the woman straight to the point, no hey Eleanor my name is .... do you mind if I ask you a few questions? How are you doing? Nope directly about the house. I frown thoughtfully. How long have I been there? I know that one of the older children helped me, and said that I had been there since I was four. But how long exactly have I been there? At least ten years.

"Eleanor?" Repeats the woman.

"A long time." I mumble.

The woman looks at me, as if she thinks I am going to talk to her more. She waits for a while until she realises with a sigh that I am not going to say anything more. She starts to write something in her book. I lean forward a little to see what she is writing, but she sees through it and keeps the book away from me. I roll my eyes and lean back. Why am I not allowed to know what she is writing in that book? Soon it will say something like 'Eleanor has this mental illness and this disease.' Mhm psychologists are not to be trusted.

"Eleanor, you say you are a Ricci, why do you think that?" Asks the irritating voice of the pshygologist. Why do you think that? See nobody believes me! But the medallion with the photo must prove that I am a Ricci. If only I had that locket.

"Belly feeling." The woman frowns and looks at me inquiringly, before writing something down again in that little book of hers.

"Do you really have to write everything down in that little book?" I ask irritated. The woman snaps out her pen and looks at me sternly.

"If I want to write in my book, I'll write in my book." Wow I was just asking a question.

"Okay next question, do you have proof that you are a Ricci?" Asks the irritating woman with the irritating voice and her irritating notebook again.

"Nope."

"Mhm" the woman murmurs softly. She writes something down in her notebook before closing it.

"Okay I'm going to ask an officer if he can speak to Mr Ricci, and ask if he would like to have a DNA test done so we can find out if you are lying or not."

A/N: Hey new chapter! And she still hasn't met her brothers

A/N: Hey new chapter! And she still hasn't met her brothers. I think these stories always go too fast, with the MC discovering she has brothers and then meeting them in the next hour. So I'm making it a bit longer, I don't know if you like that so yeah.

I have two update days in the week, Wednesday and Saturday, so I will try to always update on those days.