[2] "I'm gonna take her for a spin."

"Hey ma, can I borrow your car? I need to run somewhere right quick." Rodney asked.
"Where are you goin? This party is for you, and you're just gonna leave?"
"I know, but I wanted to run by the library and get some movies for me and you to catch up on and watch." He lied.
Naomi kissed her son's cheek. "Aww, how sweet."
Rodney hated himself right now. He hates lying. "Yea, so can I get the car?"
"Well why would you drive mine when you have your own?"
"Huh?" Rodney was dumbfounded. Had his mother forgotten that he had been in Germany for a large consumption of his life and the purchase of a car had not been made.
His mother smiled at him and reached in her pocket and pulled out a set of keys. She placed them in his hand and guided him outside with the rest of his family and friends following behind them.
"Son, you know we couldn't let you come home without nothing to drive." His dad said appearing beside him. "So we just had to do it."
Trent looked out and Rodney followed his dad's gaze and there sat an all black 2015 Camero with 15 inch rims and dark tented windows. Rodney's jaw dropped. "Dad..."
"Go to it son."
Rodney ran over to his car and quickly got in. Over in Germany you can't drive anything fast or you'll get a ticket. Rodney turned the ignition and listened to the engine roar.
"Aye that shit hot cuz!" Jamal exclaimed. His mom pinched his arm.
"Watch your mouth!"
"My bad!" He said while rubbing the spot she pinched. "I helped pick it out though!"
"Aye man, good lookin out."
"You know I got you."
"Where you headed son?"
"I'm gonna take her for a spin."
:
Jamal and Darnell stayed at the house for the remainder of the party.
"Man Rod probably finna go get him some pussy." Jamal said plopping down next to Darnell.
"From who nigga? He been gone too long."
"He'll find it."
The boys laughed. They stopped when a light green Volkswagen pulled up into their driveway. Two females got out and the boys quickly identified the driver as Akia. She was Jamal's aunt and uncle Camay and Brian's daughter. She was like their cousin. They really weren't related. Nicole and Camay are just best friends. Why not let people assume they're family. Akia was a year older than them,but by her having a late birthday, she was stuck with them as seniors in high school. At least it was 2nd semester, and it was almost over.
"What's up Kia." Jamal spoke as the girls walked up.
"Hey Mal, sup Darnell."
Darnell nodded. "Who this?"
"This is my friend Ebony. She just moved in across the street from me."
"Hi."
"Ebony.." Jamal repeated letting the name marinate on his tongue as if he was tasting it. "My favorite category."
Darnell quickly caught on to what his friend was implying and died in laugher. "And what's that supposed to mean?"
"They're talking about porn." Akia said rolling her eyes. "Perverted bastards."
"I know my daddy!" Jamal said laughing. The teens didn't notice the change of behavior in Darnell. He really was a bastard.
"Jamal....means handsome right?" Ebony said.
"Correct."
"Mm. I don't see it." Now it was time for the girls to laugh. They high fived eachother.
"Girl, you know you want all this and so do you Akia."
"I don't want them STDs."
"Ok. That's it!" Jamal got up and chased the girls.
Darnell stayed behind and watched the three play. He was too busy lost in his thoughts about not having a father... He also noticed the extra attention Jamal was showing Ebony. He knew he liked her because he knows his best friend. He was sure they'll probably end up together, but what about him. Where was his girl to love?
Darnell shook the thought out his mind. He wasn't in the mood for girls and their bullshit. But whatever happens, happens right?
:
Rodney pulled up at headquarters. He used his finger print to open the gate. He pulled his car into the nearest parking spot next to the building. He got out and walked into the tall brown building that was plain as day. He really didn't want to be here.
"Welcome home Agent Sly." One of his Co workers stated to him.
"Thank you."
He took a seat at the end of the long white table. People were already seated there, waiting on him. A tall, old white man by the name of Ross stood up and began the order of discussion.
"Adams. We're so glad to welcome you back."
"Glad to be here."
"Sorry to take you from your family. We know you just got home, but you do have a job to do."
"Yes sir, I am aware."
"Well then, let's get started."
A slideshow appeared on the big screen in front of them. "Here is the King Pin on the East side. His name is Gerald Bunning, but he goes by Black. He has an understudy by the name of Justin. He's just a teenage boy attending Willow High School
It's his senior year and he plans to graduate in May. He is also expected to be the next King Pin on the East side once Black decides to retire."
He paused to give everyone a chance to catch up on notes and gather their thoughts.
"Which brings me to the West side of town where King Pin Roscoe Brown rules. He also has an understudy, and that particular young man has an accomplice. A partner in crime, they seem like best budies."
Then appeared on the screen was a picture of both Jamal and Darnell. Rodney couldn't believe his eyes. "These two boys are both seniors whom attend Miles High School, graduating in May, and expected to take over the streets once Roscoe wants to give up his throne." The man paused and looked to Rodney. "And that's where you come in."
"What do I have to do with this?"
"We're sending you back to school for the remainder of senior year since Germany and The United States does schooling differently, it's completely legal and allowed."
Rodney was going back to school anyway to fulfill the promise he made to Jamal when they were younger. "That still doesn't tell me my role."
"I want you to get em to talk. Follow them. See what their next move is."
"With all due respect sir, that is my cousin and best friend right there on that screen and I can't put them in jail. They're good people."
"They are murderers! They put fear into people's hearts! They run these streets! Now you were highly recommended to do this job and I have no problem with sending your ass back to Germany, and you'll never work or see your family again!" Ross shouted.
The room was silent. They hated when Ross gets roudy. "Now we have enough evidence built up for a case to put them all in jail. We just need this one last thing...or, I'll just tell a few people I know on the streets that you're the feds and boy let me tell ya, they hate the feds." Ross said implying that Rodney would probably be killed if people were to find out. "Now are you going to oblige, and do all that I need you to do?!"
Rodney was up against the wall. He was trained for things like this,but not circumstances that hit so close to home. He sighed in defeat.
"Yes sir."