[14] "Let's eat."

Darnell: "My mother wants you to come over for dinner."
Princess: "I thought your mom was dead."
Darnell: "She is. Jamal's mom, Nicole, takes care of me. She's just like a mom to me."
Princess: "Oh. Well sure. I'll love to."
Darnell: "Cool. Pick be ready by 6."
Princess: "Kk. Come get me from the Hamptons."
Darnell: "I'm gettin real tired of pickin you up from these hotels like you a hoe or sum. When can I meet your folks?"
Princess: "When they're better."
Darnell: "-_- Fine."
Essence tossed her phone on the bed and continued to pack her overnight bag. She was already going to be leaving the house tonight to stay at Layla's house but was sure she would understand.
Essence: "Hey Layla! Something came up and I can't come over."
LayLay: "Ugh. I'm like really getting tried of this Essence."
Essence: "Ik. I owe you a lot!"
She exited out of her messaging app and went called the hotel to book her a room. It was confirmed and she got up to look herself over.
She was wearing dark denim jeans with a v-neck, pink and blue stripped sweater, and grey boots.
This looks good enough. She thought.
She grabbed her bag and headed down the steps to leave.
:.
6:30
Ebony was all ready for Jamal to get there. She wore a long sleeve Alabama t-shirt that came to her thighs with black leggings and black boots. Her hair was in its naturally curly state and she wore silver earrings. The dinner was such a short notice and she didn't really wanna go all out.
BUZZ.
BugABoo: "I'm around the corner."
Ebony grabbed her purse and jogged down the steps. By the time she got out the door, Jamal was there waiting on her. She got in and kissed him on the cheek.
"Hey bae."
"Wassup." He pulled off from her house.
"I'm so nervous."
"Why?"
"Because I'm meeting your mom!"
"Actually, you're meeting the family."
"Jamal!" Ebony pushed him. "You didn't tell me that! I could have dressed better than this!"
Jamal came to a red light and turned to look at her. "You look beautiful." He leaned in and kissed her lips. "Relax, my family is cool."
"What if they don't like me?"
"You already know Akia, my sister, Rodney, and Darnell. You're not in this alone. Darnell bringing his new girl too."
That made her feel a little better. At least she wouldn't be takin the heat alone. "Who else is gonna be there?"
"My parents, Rodney's parents, and Akia's parents."
"That's three sets of adults to impress!"
Jamal pulled into his driveway and parked. "Well, it's time to impress."
"Oh gosh."
They both got out the car. Ebony came around and grabbed Jamal's hand. They walked into the house and his dad was sitting there with his Uncle Trent.
"Sup pops. Hey Unc."
"Wassup Jamal." His dad said.
"Woah!!! Who is this?!"
"Oh this my girl, Ebony."
"Girl?!"
"Uh yea."
The two men looked at eachother with big cheshire cat grins on their faces. "How you doing umm, what's your name again?" Brandon said.
Oh shit. Ebony thought. She was beyond star struck. She didn't know Jamal's dad was Atlanta's hottest rapper and his uncle was Atlanta's best football player in the league.
"Uh- um Ebony."
"Ebony." He repeated. "I like it. You must be something special for my son to bring you around us."
"Oh thank you."
"No problem, sweetheart."
"Dad, where moma at?"
"In the kitchen."
"Come on, gotta meet moms."
Jamal pulled her towards the kitchen and there she was. Nicole. The best lawyer Atlanta has to offer. She handles all the big cases for everyone in the industry and next to her was Naomi.
Ebony dreamed of being styled by her. She had all her clients in the freshest outfits.
"Moma."
Nicole looked away from the stove and at her son. She looked from him to the girl and beamed.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so glad to meet you!" Nicole walked up to her and pulled her into a hug.
Ebony was taken back but hugged her back. "I'm glad to meet you too."
Nicole pulled back to look at her. "Oh Jamal she's beautiful! What's your name sweetie?"
"Ebony."
"Lovely."
"Jamal you moving up in the world huh!" Naomi teased.
"Hush Auntie. Where Rod at?"
"Him and Akia are out by the pool."
"Let's go."
Before they made it to the pool, Ebony pulled Jamal to the side thumped him on the nose.
"Well ouch! What was that for?!"
"Jamal, do you know who those people are?!" Ebony said in a whispered tone.
"Yea. They're my mom, dad, aunt, and uncle."
"No. Jamal. That's Brandon. Brandon King. And his wife, Nicole King. Along with Trent fuckin Adams and Naomi Adams!"
"Yea. And I'm Jamal King. The son and nephew."
"Jamal these are important people and I'm in here lookin like this!"
"Baby are you start struck?"
"Yes!"
He laughed and pushed her against the corner. He tilted her head up by her chin and slid his tongue in her mouth. She melted from his kiss.
"There is nothing to worry about. They're regular people, ok?"
She was so speechless from the kiss that she only nodded her head in response.
"Ok good. Now let's go get to the others out by the pool."
When they got out there, Darnell and Essence had made it. She looked puzzled. "Star struck too?" Jamal asked.
"Very." Darnell responded.
Everyone laughed except Essence and Ebony. "Aww it's ok girls." Akia said to calm them down.
"So who are your parents?" Essence asked Akia. "Tyra Banks and Biggie Smalls?"
Everyone laughed. "No, my mom is just a pediatrician."
"And your dad?"
"Pastor Brian Chaves."
"Bitch."
"What?"
"You dad has the biggest congregation in Atlanta! He's on fuckin tv!"
"Babe, calm down."
"I rest my case."
"Yal are funny." Akia said.
"Kids, dinner is ready!" Nicole shouted.
"Welp." Jamal said jumping up. "Let's eat."