━━ chapter nineteen

NINETEEN:

green guilty eyes, little white lies

[ cw: discussion of infidelity, mention of self-harm, mention of blood ]

You and I walk a fragile lineI have known it all this timeBut I never thought I'd live to see it breakIt's getting dark and it's all too quietAnd I can't trust anything now

I have known it all this time
But I never thought I'd live to see it break
It's getting dark and it's all too quiet
And I can't trust anything now

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ✷ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

A LOT WAS ON CAS'S MIND. SHE waited long enough. He was back now, Disguised as his father, who thought he was dead.

Everyone thought he was dead, and frankly, he would be if it wasn't for her. He had done exactly as he wished. Cheated death. That also meant that Cas needed to talk to him.

"Hello my love," Loki said, walking inside, kissing her after he removed his shoes, sighing.

"Hi Loki," Cas said, earning a look from him.

"Something on your mind?" He asked, a finger under her chin.

"Yes, actually," She said. She just wanted to rip off the bandaid.

"Alright then," He nodded, dropping his hand, and leaning against one of the posters on her bed.

"Who is Thanos?" She asked, looking down. Not knowing what he would say.

"Mm, next question," Loki said, his eyes flickering blue for a moment, before turning back to their original emerald.

"Fine," Cas said, pressing her temples with a hand, closing her eyes. "who is Angrboða?" She asked. Loki winced, letting out a pained sigh. Cas unconsciously held her breath, waiting for a response.

"Angrboða? only a frost giant I talked to, The first one I had a true conversation with, I believe," He said. Cas could tell he was lying.

"try again," Cas said, a snap to her voice. She was nervous about his response, though she wouldn't show it.

"A frost giant I met while under Thanos' thumb. We slept together. That's all." He looked away, and Cas stepped back, a lump in her throat. It was heavy. She couldn't think.

"I assume your kids are hers too?" She choked out, refusing to let her voice break. Cas tried to swallow the lump and push past the tears, and it was working.

"yes," He said, shame written into his tone as he dropped his head.

"I think you should go," Cas mumbled, her breath shaking.

"Cas you don't understand," He said, tears in his eyes too.

"You slept with another woman. You had children with another woman while I was away. What else is there to understand?" she demanded.