Chapter 10

This chapter is pretty long... embrace yourselves.

So many times in my life have I come across awkward situations. Once I was talked into going to a bar with Mel. In my younger days I would go to bars and clubs with Mel to be her wingman. I was married so I knew that Javier would be upset if I came home drunk.

So as the night went on I noticed a guy looking our way. For a second I thought I still had it. He stood up and came walking our way. What in the heck was I gonna do? As he approached the table he asked, "Can I buy you a drink?"

I panicked and told him to get to stepping because I was married. When I finally had the nerve to look up at him he had a very confused look on his face.

Mel had the biggest smile on her face, glanced at me and said, "Querida amiga el estaba hablando conmigo" (dear friend he was talking to me).

I felt so stupid to have assumed that he was talking to me. You know what they say about assuming. It's best to let them make an ass of themselves and not you. Well that was always my motto.

"Well hello dear," the older woman said. "How are you?" she looked at the coffee in my hand and turned to look at Mr. Haynes.

"Son, you didn't tell me you hired someone. She is beautiful! Darling you are beautiful and with such a beautiful figure." She said while walking circles around me.

Did I miss something? Is this woman senile because she just said I was beautiful? I gave Logan a nervous look and he stood there looking just as nervous as I did.

"Thank you ma'am. I love your outfit. And did you say son? You look to be his younger sister." I was pretty good at dishing out compliments. I just hope she was good at accepting them because I wasn't.

"Son, promise me that you will woo her and make her my new daughter in law. Look at her hips! Perfect for childbearing." I think I choked on my own gum.

Logan was as red as a tomato. "Well mom I have a lot to do today." He said looking just a horrified as I felt while ushering her out. "I love you and tell everyone I said hello and I will be there Sunday evening for dinner. Love you!"

"Sweetie, if he is mistreating you please come and tell me. I would hate for him to miss out on making you the future Mrs. Haynes." Then he kissed her on the cheek and she left.

Logan Haynes a momma's boy? Who would have thunk it. Thunk it? Is that even a word? He came back to his office without looking at me.

"I'm sorry about that my mother can be very outspoken. Have a seat please and we can start the day."

"Sir?"

"Oh I meant to ask how the boys enjoyed the ride. I imagine now they will want to ride to school every day in a limo."

Was that a smile on his face? I can't hate him because he hasn't done anything wrong.

"They were excited. Thank you for asking."

"Well good."

The rest of the week went by in a flash and Friday was finally here. Mr. Larry came every morning at the same time to take the boys to school and pick them up. Israel was beginning to get attached to him. When he dropped them off at the house he would look at him and say "Tank you Miss La-yee" it was the cutest and most heartwarming thing ever.

Finally the last work day of the week. I felt like I haven't had time to think straight so Mel thought she would come over later and we could figure out what to do from here. The kids were going to mom and dad's for the weekend. I was really gonna miss them but I needed a night to let my hair down.

By the end of the day Mr. Haynes called me into his office.

"Ms. Gonzalez have you prepared everything for the meetings on Monday?"

"Yes sir. Also your dry cleaning has been picked up and delivered as well."

"Thank you. I think by far you have been the best assistant I have ever had."

"Thank you sir. Would there be anything else?"

"No. Again thank you and enjoy your weekend."

Finally I was out the door without looking back.

It was 7:30 when I heard my front door open. "Honey I'm home."

"Hey Mel I'm in my bedroom."

"So I was thinking we should go to a club. It's been a while and I really wanna go out. Hey have you lost weight?"

I began to chuckle. Then I had realized that my sweat pants did fit differently. It must be my imagination.

"No. At least I don't think so. Ok so if we are going out you know the deal. You have to pick out something and you have to do my hair and make-up."

She agreed cheerfully and ran to my closet. I went to shower and wash my long locks. The highlights I had gotten were still bright and lively and my hair began to wave up. Ha! Mel is gonna have a hard time straightening this stuff.

When I got out I picked out my undies and matching bra. It was cute. Lace made me feel sexy and I wanted to feel sexy tonight. I needed to feel sexy tonight.

When I walked into my bedroom I looked over the outfit Mel had chosen. "Mel you know that this dress doesn't fit!" it was a simple black fitted one sleeve dress. I bought this dress 2 years ago thinking that I would lose weight to be able to get into it. On the side of the long sleeve was gold glitter and rest was black. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it.

"Just try it on. Leigh you are not fat. You are curvy with a Fat ass."

"Mel! I know we are friends but you don't have to lie. I know what I see in the mirror."

She looked defeated. That's the look she gives me when she wants her way and like always I did as she asked of me.

As she stepped into my bathroom I dropped my robe and tried on the dress. I couldn't believe it. It fit! No more giggling belly! Ok so I had curves but I wouldn't have never guessed I had lost some weight. Starting Monday I am going to join a gym and go during my lunch hour.

Mel came out of the bathroom and was completely amazed at the dress. She decided to leave my hair wavy and applied heavy eye make-up. I grabbed one of my favorite spike studded heels and was out the door.

******
"Mel why are we here?" I asked after stepping out of the cab. This club was for the rich and famous. Mel was very well off and came from a rich family so of course she could afford this place but I couldn't.

"Don't worry it's my treat. Plus you could use this."

We made it pass the bouncer at the door and I must admit this place was amazing. We took a seat at our table that Mel had reserved and started on tequila shots.

After my fourth shot I decided I wanted to dance. I couldn't help it. I was a drunk dancer and from what I am told a very good one too.

As me and Mel started to move on the dance floor a set of large hands snaked around my waste and started to move with me.

He may have been just as good as me.

Mmmm. His cologne smells familiar. Just like Logan's. I looked up at Mel and she was frozen still. Not moving, not blinking and maybe not breathing. I stopped at looked over my shoulder only to find my boss with that look in his eye. I recognized that look because it was the same look that I gave him. Lust.