Chapter 30

For a Saturday I arose very early feeling refreshed. Logan was still asleep so I decided to sneak out and go check on the children.

They were fast asleep. All three of them. I could get used to this. Waking up every morning seeing them in their own spacious rooms. They were gonna have a fit when they wake up.

Today would be just as good of a day as any other to introduce Logan to them. I mean we are staying in his house for the time being.

While they were all asleep I decided to shower and start the day. We may be in the house of Mr. Fancy Pants but I still needed to pick out outfits and get bath supplies ready.

The guest bathroom was huge. I swear you could fit my entire bedroom, closet and bathroom into this one place. Ok, maybe I am exaggerating but it is huge.

The walls were white and they tile floors were beige. There was a his and her sink with marble countertops. How in the heck do you turn this thing on? Just as my hand swiped the faucet it turned on. Hmmm. How convenient.

The shower had two heads and the tub sat alone perpendicular to the sink and just up above it were sky lights.

I started the shower and began to lather my hair. The shampoo smelled of coconut. My favorite scent.

A girl could get use to all of this space. The guest bedroom where I was supposed to have slept last night was beautiful. The bed alone could fit me and the boys and it had a walk in closet.

Just as I was about to rinse my hair I heard the door open and in walked Logan.

“Umm excuse me Sir but I’m showering and it’s not nice to just walk in while a person is bathing.” I said in a playful but nervous tone. What if my kids awaken?

“I woke up and you weren’t there. I thought you had tried to escape but just as I was about to go downstairs I heard the shower turn on. Why didn’t you take a shower in my bathroom?” he had shed his clothes and climbed in with me.

“Well I didn’t want to wake you plus I went to check on the kids first.” I turned away from him to finish my shower when he pulled my hair.

It makes me weak in the knees for a man to sexually pull my hair. I could use the workout this morning. So we made love in the shower.

I went to check on the boys and they had all gathered in one room.

“Mom! Are we in a palace?” asked Dorian in a hopeful tone.

“Mommy!” Israel came running to me, giving me a big hug.

“Ma, where are we? Is this our new home?” asked Emmanuel.

“Good morning to you all too and…”

“Hey guys! This is your home for as long as you would like to stay here. Do you like it?” Logan asked interrupting me. He always knew when to interrupt me. I think he eavesdrop.

“Mommy?” Israel was on my leg. He was like this when he didn’t feel sure about a person.

“It’s ok. Boys, I would like you to meet Mr. Logan Haynes and this is…” I said in my professional tone that I used with them when I introduced them to someone.

“This is your new house!” Logan said while looking at me.

I couldn’t help but to think of ways to kill him in his sleep. Throw boiling hot sugar water on him and let the wounds get infected? No.

Slice him with a straight razor and watch him bleed out? No.

I got it! I will shoot him. Quick, fast, and easy!! But then again, orange really isn’t my color. I guess I will just give him the silent treatment.

Knowing Emmanuel like I do he turned to look at me. “Mom, is this your boyfriend?” he asked with a twinge of hope.

I turned to look at Logan and this time he didn’t answer. Instead, he put his hands in his khaki short and dropped his head.

I turned to look at Emmanuel, Dorian and Israel and said, “Yes. He is my boyfriend.”

It was like summer break, spring break, Christmas and everyone’s birthday rolled into one. I never knew the kids would be so excited about me having a boy friend. Instead of them hugging and thanking me all three of them ran to Logan and devoured him in a hug.

Logan was shocked. His big arms were wrapped around the three of them too. Even the two year old hugged one leg.

I felt my eyes begin to water. When I looked at Logan again his eyes were red. I knew exactly what he felt.

Emmanuel was ecstatic. He began to weep.

He believed that Logan would finally be the father he had always dreamed of.