Chapter 32

He gave me specific instructions. Leave Logan behind because he has people watching me, come unarmed and make sure that we have the money.

The money I did have, I was unarmed, well as unarmed as they knew of and Logan wasn’t with me.

I know it was killing him inside more and more but I had to make sure that my children were ok.

As I pulled up to the address that he had given me I was shocked. This house was beautiful. It was a two story modern house with a double staircase and a color changing fountain. In front was a Lexus and BMW parked.

Who lives here? I don’t understand how he could be here. Javier never kept more than six hundred dollars in the bank at a time.

As I opened the door to my car, I walked cautiously to the door. I have watched enough movies to know that I need to approach everything with extreme caution.

As I stepped up to the front door someone opened it. A butler? “Good evening Madame, Ms. Cambridge will see you in the parlor.”

Desiree? So this is her house. I knew she had something to do with this. As I turned the corner into the parlor I saw Javier and Desiree hugging and laughing while drinking champagne.

I thought she was pregnant.

“Leigh, come on in. how are you?” Desiree all but spit the words at me. She hated me but I thought it was because of Logan. It couldn’t be.

“Leigh, you are looking good girl. You have lost weight.” Javier was slightly slurring. I haven’t seen him look at me with such lust in a very long time.

“She may have lost weight but she is still a fat pig.” Desiree snorted. Why are the skinny and beautiful ones the most insecure?

“I see twiggy is still a twig. So are you puking more or just eating less?” I couldn’t help but laugh. I heard someone say that in a movie once and I thought it was even funnier to say it.

She turned red. Oh must be puking more. “Desiree why are you drinking if you are pregnant?”

“I’m not pregnant you idiot, I faked it for the money.”

“Money? Why do you need money? You are a model. You come from a fairly wealthy background.” I said while looking around. Where are my children?

As if knowing my thoughts Javier spoke up, “They are upstairs safe in a room. So where is the money?”

“I will hand over the money as soon as I see that my children are ok.” He let go of Desiree and grabbed me by the arm yanking me up the stairs.

“I never knew what I saw in you. You are so common. You are fat and the only good thing about you is that you have a slightly pretty face. What that rich dude saw in you I will never know.”

Ok that hurt. I knew he never loved me but that really did hurt. I don’t know what Logan saw in me either.

He walked to the first room on the right and opened the door. I expected crying children or that they were passed but no. They were in a very comfortable playroom with a 60 inch TV that played SpongeBob Squarepants, a basketball goal in one corner, a bunch of cars on the floor and a foosball table.

“But I thought that Israel was crying.” I couldn’t control my tears.

“I had to do something for you to come. That wasn’t him crying. It was a recording from when he fell one day in the park. I have been planning this for a while.”

He closed the door before I could utter a single word to them.

“Where is the money?” he asked more calm than I expected.

“I swear it’s in the car.”

“Your boyfriend?”

“He didn’t come. I came alone.”

His eyes darkened. “Perfect!”

I don’t know what happened but I felt something cold and hard strike me on the back of the head. Then the darkness overcame me.