Chapter 27

What a boring week. It has been 3 days since I have spoken to Logan aside from the good morning and good evenings. I mean I do work for him but I don’t converse with him. Devin on the other hand has been good company to me.

Since we were neighbors it kinda made it hard for me not to talk to him. He was always friendly to the kids and they seemed to like him. I kinda felt bad for them. I wanted so much to get to know Logan so he could come around and be a part of their life.

I had figured that maybe he could have been the father that they needed some day. That’s what its bad to dream. Have dreams and but all they do is fall through. I hate this.

**

It was Friday evening and I was just about to leave for the day when I heard a knock at my door. I looked up to see Desiree standing in my doorway gloating. What in the heck could she want?

She is pregnant with his baby so why not just walk into his office? Oh she wants to make me feel bad. Well she can have the lying bastard.

“Hi may I help you?” I said with a burst of confidence I didn’t know I had. I guess I can thank him for something. I am a different person because of him.

“Yes, you are the bimbo my boyfriend has been seeing right?” she said with a sly grin.

“Excuse me?” I was fuming. How dare a toothpick with boobs try to talk to me like that? She may be pregnant but her face most definitely isn’t.

“You heard me, you fat piece of…” she started to growl just as Logan walked into my office.

“Desiree!” his voice scared the both of us. He was the type of man to fear of course because with just one phone call he could end anyone’s career.

“Hi baby, that pig over there was being rude to me and I got upset.” she said in an innocent voice and then turned to look at me and say, “Must be the hormones.”

That was it. I mean I was finished for the day so I was about to head out anyway so this will be my grand exit. I slowly stalked to her and I could see the nervousness in her eyes.

“Sir,” I said while still looking at her, “I am done for today so I will be leaving.” I stuck out my butt even more as I began to walk away. Just as I was about to turn the corner I turned to see Logan eyeing my derriere and Desiree with a look of relief in her eye and said, “Oh and honey he wasn’t just seeing me, we actually fucked… many times. Mother always told me to not cry over used napkins when there is a whole roll waiting to be used.”

Then I left. I don’t know what has gotten into me. I’m just tired of being a push over.

By the time I arrived home with the kids I had decided I wanted to stay in for the night. Mel came over a bit later bearing gifts of alcohol.

After cooking dinner and running around the apartment like madmen and watching movies I put the boys to bed so that me and Mel could have girl time.