Chapter 13

What did I do last night? I think someone implanted a wood chipper in my brain. Why can't I turn over? I opened my eyes to see a MAN in my bed! What did I do?

He began to stir and he flipped on his side facing me with his eyes still closed. Oh holy goodness! My boss is in my bed. I am so fired. He is gonna fire me and how will I provide for my kids. In the middle of freaking out I pulled back the covers to see that I was wearing a cami and shorts.

Wait a minute. So does this mean I didn't have sex last night?

"Good morning Leigh." His voice was even sexier in the morning. But how do I face him? Where is my bra? Where is my robe?

"Uhh good morning, sir"

"We are way past 'sir' and onto Logan now." He said with a smile.

Why does he seem so calm? Then it all came back to me. Last night he came with a friend and he kissed me. I was actually a lady until we came to bed. I even offered him coffee.

I undressed in front of him as well as he did in front of me. Oh no. I have stretch marks. How could I have been so stupid? But we still could have had sex and I dressed afterwards right?

"So, did we maybe by any chance have sex last night?"

He smiled and sat up in bed. I would love to run my fingers in his hair. "No. I wanted to but you thought it would be best to wait until we got to know each other a little better. You did on the other hand allow me to hold you until you fell asleep. Something about the warm embrace of a man and wanting to be wanted."

I was horrified! "I'm sorry. When I'm drunk I can't just shut up... everything just keeps coming like word vomit."

He chuckled. "It actually felt good to hold a woman. You fell asleep rather quickly."

"I also remember what I saw after coming from the restroom," I was so ashamed. I couldn't even look at him. How could I ask for him to hold me after that?

"Leigh, what you saw last night was a drunk girl that thought she could take me home. I shoved her off of me and told her I wasn't interested. What hurt me the most was the look on your face. I meant what I said when I wanted you to come home with me."

I still couldn't look at him. He was just like Javier. "I'm sorry sir but I think it is best if you leave. I hope that I still have a job but if not please don't bad mouth me because my children need the income."

I started to get out of bed but he grabbed my arm and forced me to look at him. "Leigh, I like you a lot. I think more than I should seeing as I am your boss. Mel made me see what an ass I was for letting you just walk away like that."

"What did she say?" my voice barely a whisper.

"She told me that I could go around the world and never meet a woman as sweet and loyal as you. This week you have hung on my every word and it took you walking out of the club to realize that I feel in my heart that you are one of a kind."

"You could have any woman you want. Super models that are skinny without kids and stretch marks. Not someone like me."

"That's where you are wrong. You really don't know me at all. I am not interested in a skinny woman or a fat woman. I am interested in your personality. I think you are amazing. In just the little time I have known you I am intrigued by you. I want to get to know you Leigh." He took a step closer if that was even possible. "I want you. And I want to know your children and parents. I want to know your favorite kind of food and what turns you on."

He twirled his finger around a few fallen pieces of hair. I just have to make sure that he is different. Should I make him pay for the things that Javier had did to me? Of course not but how can I move on from this?

I took a step back and looked into his eyes. "I think you will need to give me a little time. I need to get some things together with me because my self-esteem is rock bottom. Please give me some time?"

"I will give you all the time that you need as long as you let me woo you. Let me seduce you and show you how I feel. This is all new to me too. I have never fallen for someone so quickly." He adverted his eyes. "In just a week I am smitten by you, Leigh. Can I at least spend the day with you? Please."

He will give me time. He wants to get to know me and the boys. "Ok under one condition, you cannot just show up here unannounced and you cannot meet my kids until I am ready."

He smiled "Ok sounds great. Let's go get breakfast." He took me by the hand and led me out of my bedroom and for the first time in a long time, I smiled. Not just any kind of smile, but the kind of smile that couldn't be removed anytime soon.