twenty-seven

Today is the day we're moving. It's four in the morning and I'm over at Harley's house.

Kira and Nash are moving over next week so they've been busy trying to get everything together.

It was gonna be a long drive. We were all gonna be driving our separate cars that's filled with all of our clothes.

My dad is driving the UHaul while my mom rides along with him. We were gonna be following them the whole ride.

The ride is nineteen hours and I'm gonna have to be driving the whole way so I packed a shit ton of energy drinks.

We're gonna be driving until midnight Los Angeles time, two Oklahoma time.

And that's if we drive non stop. It was gonna be a long day. But I made a playlist thats extremely long.

"Everyone ready?" My dad, David, asked. We all agreed and piled into our separate cars.

I looked at the house one last time. I'm gonna miss the shit out of Harley's house.

I know I didn't live there, but I had so many memories in there. I'm just excited for everyone to see the house in person.

I take one last look before following Harley out of the driveway. We have walkie talkies just in case one of our phones die.

As I drive, I start my playlist and crack open my energy drink.

It took us about twenty minutes to get onto the highway.

I'm gonna miss Oklahoma, but I knew I was gonna be coming back for holidays.

About halfway through, we all got hungry. We stopped at a small town in New Mexico to eat.

It was one pm and we had already drove through Albuquerque.

We found a small diner and all sat down. "We have about ten more hours to go through so we're making good progress." My dad spoke.

"I just can't wait to get there." Kilton pouted. I could tell everyone was wore out.

"I can't wait to see the house. Saylor was telling me how beautiful it is." My mom spoke.

She was always our biggest supporter. So she's super excited to help us move in there and start this.

The waitress brings our food causing us to thank her. You know the food is good when none of us are talking.

Twenty minutes later, we're all back on the road again.

I was listening to All Summer Long by Kid Rock with all the windows down.

It was hot in New Mexico so everything felt good. New Mexico is honestly really pretty.

As I drove, I got a phone call which interrupted my music. I saw it was Owen so I answered it.

I guess he was just now waking up. I shook my head knowing it was noon Las Angeles time and he's just now waking up.

My phone was connected to the car speakers so when I picked up, that's where it went to.

"Hello, Owen. You just now waking up?" I ask trying to sound in a good mood.

I'm not in a bad mood, I'm just tired. "Yeah. Where are you?" He knew I was moving in today.

"We drove through Albuquerque about two and a half hours ago." I answer.

It was nice to hear his voice, it calmed me down. "Damn, you all going by a lot faster than I thought." He spoke.

"Yeah, we've barely stopped. We still have about four hours until we get to Phoenix."