The Books

Emily noticed that the power went out in the office.

      She was really confused, why did the power go out?  The power supply was connected to the tablet, so the tablet died, too.  She could no longer control the helicopter.

All the robots no longer had a central authority that was controlling them, and they stopped working, too.  The prison stopped working, too.  Anybody could escape, because there was nothing holding the prisoners back.   She heaved a sigh of relief.  This was going to be amazing.  Now all she had to do was walk out and track down those glasses.  Johnson probably had them.

*****

Johnson was now under control of his helicopter, which was amazing.  He continued to fly towards his destination, which would be Freddy’s place of work, GASSY.  He knew very well where this was, because he had worked there, or almost worked there.  This would be pretty easy to get to.

He thought he’d stop by the supermarket.  Oh *BLEEP* no.  He had to make sure that Freddy was safe.  His glasses would be tracked down by the police department any moment now.  Things were about to not get good, when Freddy gets in trouble.  Also, he didn’t want to get connected to any of this nonsense any more if he could help IT.  Things were getting really messed up.

*****

Freddy listened to Black talk.

“… and that is why I can’t tell you this, that, and the other thing.  Confidentiality is key.”

Freddy thought for a moment.

“Well, then, I doubt I can work for you.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Well, let’s make this an extra promotion then, I’m gonna give you a raise if you stay.”

Hmm.

“Well, not that I’m corruptible or anything, but I could have my pay tripled,” said Freddy.

That would be the cost of the spaceship’s engine.

“Okay.”

“And if that happens, I don’t need to know what this ship is used for.”

“Right on.  Not a big deal.  See you at work tomorrow.”

*****

Even though the power was off, the Sherriff was able to track the glasses, because the system for the glasses ran on a different system than the robots did.  He had to go back to the office in his hot-air-balloon and then he was able to turn on the trackers.