2

The next night, he finds a deserted minivan in the middle of the street to sleep in. He tried to hot-wire it but gave up after a couple of hours of frustration, realizing he had no idea what he was doing. God, they'd really made this look so much easier in the movies.

The streets are emptier than Jungwon would've imagined. He's not sure how long it's been since this zombie apocalypse all started, but he knows that this infection had spread incredibly fast. Everywhere he's walked to, it's been almost completely barren, almost too eerily empty, that Jungwon's had no luck in finding help from anyone else in all of this. The only upside had been that with so many people gone and so many places left abandoned, he's had no problem breaking into stores and other buildings whenever he needed food or a place to rest.

What sucked was that, even if his phone wasn't dead, it had no service or wifi. So, he didn't even have the company of a distraction or the help of the internet or google maps or whatever to help him make this trip somewhat easier. Which might have been the worst part of all; having to deal with his own thoughts with nothing to help drown them out.

He attempts to hot-wire the minivan again when he wakes up the next day, but after a couple more failed attempts, he groans and lets his head fall against the steering wheel in frustration. It causes the visor overhead to fall open and, miraculously, a spare set of keys falls out.

"Oh, thank god," Jungwon breathes out. There'd been no way in hell he would've been able to get this car started any other way.

The car won't take him all the way to Canada. The tank is less than half full, but it's way better than nothing at all and it's a well-deserved break from having to walk, so Jungwon's not complaining.

He knows he won't find anything, but he scans the radio anyway, hoping that by some dumb luck there'll be something on. He scans through the stations of static for a bit and he's about to give up when he finally lands on one playing something. The numbers 99.1 glow on the dashboard as an upbeat song blares out.

It's different to what he'd usually listen to. He's not sure if he even likes it, but it's the most company he's had in a while so he cranks up the volume and starts to drive.

"And I swear we were the only ones to see the comet crash into the sun... Oh, oh-oh, oh-oh," the guy in the song sings and Jungwon drums his fingers along to the beat, trying to imagine who in the world was out there taking the time to broadcast their favorite songs to whoever was able to listen during the end of the world.

"The universe is like a ton of lead crushing down upon my little head... Oh, oh-oh, oh-oh," the guy continues to sing, and somehow it helps makes him feel less alone.