31

Jay gets way too attached to Maeumi almost immediately, it's almost disgustingly cute.

Jungwon loves it.

They find a thrift store in the next town over and Jay spends more time searching the entire store for clothes small enough to fit Maeumi than he does for clothes for himself.

"If we're cold, then she's freezing, " Jay explains as he helps Maeumi into a tiny dog hoodie he was able to find at the bottom of a clearance pile. He scratches behind the small dog's ears fondly after he places it on and pulls the hoodie up over his head.

"Ooooo!" Jay lets out loudly and then laughs. "Tell me she doesn't look fresh!" He turns around to waggle his eyebrows at Jungwon. Jungwon smiles back and scratches at Maeumi's little head.

"Yeah, okay, she looks pretty cool," Jungwon replies, and Jay beams.

He picks Maeumi up, holding her close to his chest and giving her more compliments about how good she looks in the pink hoodie and how he's going to find more things to keep her warm before he sits them down on top of a couple of blankets Jungwon managed to find.

Jay falls asleep like that, cuddled up with Maeumi on his chest and Jungwon throws a blanket he finds in the bedding section over them carefully, his own words repeating themselves to him now: God he's got you so whipped.

He spends the rest of the night looking for more warm clothes and things for Maeumi, stuffing them into his backpack and then picking some more hoodies out for Jay and himself.

Jay sleeps peacefully all through the night.