12

"You're, like, strangely used to this, aren't you?" Jungwon asks Tampa as he checks around the rest of the store to make sure there are no more zombies hidden around. Once he deems it safe, he makes his way to the backroom and Jungwon follows, grabbing food and water along the way.

Tampa shrugs with one shoulder. "You could say that."

He's been wondering about Tampa's life for a while now. It was a good distraction from having to think of his own.

Did he have family out there? Did he have any friends with him, like Jungwon had, or had he been alone from the very beginning? Had he been with someone but then lost them along the way? Is that why he was all alone?

"Were you ever with someone? Before?" Jungwon asks before he can think of keeping his mouth shut and immediately regrets it.

Tampa doesn't answer, but his whole body tenses up and Jungwon feels incredibly guilty. They stay quiet as they sit down in the back and eat their food. Jungwon wants to apologize for trying to be nosy, but can't think of anything to say without making it more awkward so he just stays silent.

"We should get some sleep," Tampa says after they've eaten. "We can make it to the next town before the sun goes down if we head out early enough."

Jungwon nods and runs a hand through his hair, taking his glasses off and setting them down next to his head as he lays down.

Tampa doesn't lay down yet. He gets up to throw away their trash and then paces back and forth for a little while. He looks uncharacteristically on edge and Jungwon can't help feel at fault for it.

He eventually settles down after a few more minutes of moving around, seemingly getting all the nerves out.

His back is turned to Jungwon.