19

They've been in Kentucky for a day or two now when they come across a public pool that still has water in it. Jungwon somehow convinces Tampa to jump over the fence to go in.

"This place is probably filled with so many diseases," Tampa grimaces as he sets his gun down off to the side. He looks over at the water and makes a face. Jungwon follows his gaze.

It's pretty clear, much to Jungwon's surprise. Like a little piece of paradise that was hidden here, waiting for him.

"There's a zombie apocalypse going on around us and you're worried about cooties from a public pool?" Jungwon elbows him playfully in the ribs and Tampa grunts and shoves him back gently.

"You don't even know what's been in there."

"Yeah, but... I know what's about to be in there," Jungwon replies with a mischievous grin, hands reaching out for Tampa.

Tampa doesn't even have a chance to protest or move away, mouth barely forming around a word when Jungwon hugs him tightly and lets them both fall into the water.

"You're such a asshole," Tampa says when they resurface and he splashes water at Jungwon's face, but there's a small smile tugging at his lips even though he sounds annoyed. Jungwon just laughs and splashes water back at him. "You better not be complaining about your glasses being all wet later on," he says with another splash of water at Jungwon's face.

Jungwon grimaces and takes off his glasses, like he just remembered they were there, muttering an oh, god damn it, and Tampa snorts amusedly. Jungwon waves his glasses around in an attempt to get some of the water off while Tampa swims over to the edge. He pulls himself up, taking off his shoes and socks and setting them out to dry before peeling off his shirt.

Jungwon doesn't realize he's staring until Tampa splashes some water at him, smiling at him with mirth. Jungwon's face heats up and he goes back to pretending to inspect the water clinging to his glasses.

"You might wanna put your clothes out to dry too if you don't want to be walking around all soggy later," Tampa calls out before wriggling out of his pants, stripping down to only his underwear before slipping back into the water. He floats around lazily on his back.

Jungwon places his glasses back on and watches him float around for a while. His eyes are closed peacefully, looking like he's just enjoying the feel of the water around him. His skin looks so good under the sun like this, golden and warm, and there are water droplets sticking to the exposed part of his chest that's not in the water.

Jungwon's mind flashes with the urge to swim over and lick a droplet off of him and he shakes his head to clear it. He clears his throat awkwardly and swims back a little.

"No, I'm- I'm fine. I'll just, uhm, dry out in the sun... later..." he finishes weakly suddenly self conscious of his tiny frame and Tampa just shrugs, shooting him a suit yourself, and returns to his peaceful floating.

Jungwons glad the water's cold as he starts to swim a few laps around the pool.