Part 19

Luke’s POV

         We spent the next hour going over changing positions and how to do spin. I knew it was confusing, and there were plenty of “I’m sorry’s” and giggles. I had Gabe help so that I could watch and check her steps. She looked like she was getting it, so I went over the entire sequence one more time with her.

         “Are you ready for music?”

         She bit her lip, then nodded. “Not the Ball Cap song, though, ok?”

         I smiled. “I think I have a slower song we can use.” She blushed and looked at the ground.

         I walked over to the dock and started the iPod. I knew that she’d concentrate on the steps, but just in case she listened to the lyrics…

         I walked back over to her, and she stepped into my arms as the music began. I nodded, and we began a simple 2-Step. As the lyrics began, I turned her out and we began the sequence. She was a little stiff, a little unsure, but she was grinning more and more as she completed each move.

         She moved back into my arms at the perfect moment in the song. I couldn’t have planned it better if I tried. She looked up at me, smiling, as the second verse began. There were so many things that we couldn’t say to her. Relying on songs to say what we couldn’t say sucked, but it was the best I could do.

Now I don't want to go and make things
Complicated
And keeping you as my best friend
Would be okay but what if everything we ever wanted was a whisper
And a touch away
I'd rather risk it knowing, oh, then be a fool forever
Oh, and never say

I've been thinking' of you and how it'd feel to brush your hair back
From your eyes and kissing you
Kiss you way over that line
To find out how good it could be
I've been thinking of you and me

         I was looking at her lips. If we were alone… I looked up into her eyes. Her eyes were huge, and she blushed. She looked away for a moment, and I tightened my hold on her just a bit. She looked back up at me, a smile on her face and a look in her eyes that told me she knew what I was trying to say.

         The music faded, and another song began. I looked over my shoulder, and Gabe was standing there. I handed Sang off and sat down on the couch with Victor. We watched Gabe take Sang through the spins and transitions, watching her confidence grow with each step.

    Love ain't a race
There's no finish line
And I love a chase
But don't leave me behind
'Cause girl we're both gamblin'
But I'm playin' for keeps
It's time like these
When patience means everything
More than anything

So fall when you're ready baby
Let our kiss count the moments and hearts set the pace
I'll be your love song and I'll love you right off your feet

         They seemed so lost in the song, in their moment together. The look on her face… similar to how she looked at Victor while she danced with him, how she smiled at me just a few minutes ago. Hell, it was similar to how she looked at Dr. Green and Mr. Blackbourne last night. Maybe that was just her “I’m happy” look and she doesn’t feel the same way about me… or maybe we were in for bigger problems than I had thought.

         I looked over at Victor. He was deep in thought, a small smile on his face. He seemed happy that Sang was looking at Gabe like that. Did he not realize that she looked at him the same way? If he did… he and I were going to have to have a talk.

         But first, I had to figure out how to get them to leave so I could be alone with Sang.

URL to Gabe's song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1UtTmfTR8