Part 26

Victor’s POV

         I ran my hand through my hair. What was I thinking? OK, so I knew exactly what I was thinking, or more importantly what I was thinking with, and I almost screwed up big time. It didn’t matter that I’m in love with her- I couldn’t act like I’m in love with her. Idiot!

         From my seat at the table, I looked at the dance floor. One of Mike’s friends was dancing with Sang, and she seemed ok with it. Not as comfortable as she would have been with one of us, but ok. But… hell, I didn’t know if she’d be comfortable with me on the dance floor right now with the way I almost molested her during that song. The lyrics to the song, the smile on her face… I just couldn’t help myself.

         I looked over at Kota. He raised his eyebrow in question. I just shrugged. After the way I screwed everything up with Nathan, I was not having that conversation with Kota.

         I turned back to the dance floor. I saw Luke dancing with Karen. Good idea. He was staying on the dance floor, close to Sang, just in case.

         I searched the crowd until I saw Sang again. The song ended, and I saw her nod and say something to Mike’s friend, and she and Luke made their way back to the table. She sat in the same place, next to me. I saw her glance at me out of the corner of her eye, and she smiled and blushed. Maybe she was ok with everything. I sighed, releasing a breath I hadn’t realized I was holding.

 Sang’s POV

         As I sat down at the table, I tried to sneak a look at Victor. I shouldn’t be nervous around the guys, but that dance was so… I don’t know what it was. When I looked at him, I saw him looking at me. He looked worried. I smiled, and he smiled back. Did he think I was upset with him for something? Far from it.

         I picked up my bottle of water and finished it off. I stood, and the guys all stood with me. I smiled and shook my head. “Guys, sit. I need to go to the restroom. It’s right over there.” I pointed to the neon sign. They all looked unsure. “I’ll be fine.”

         Gabe rolled his eyes. “Famous last words, Trouble.” He looked around. “Be careful. If something happens, we’re dead. You know that, right?”

         I shook my head. “I’ll be careful. I promise.”

         Geez. All that trouble just to go the bathroom. I walked in, took care of what needed taking care of, and walked out… and into a wall.

         I looked up into Rocky’s blue-gray eyes. I tried to take a step back, but he caught my arm. He looked crushed, sad.

         “Please, Sang. Just give me a minute. Can we dance?”

         I looked over at the table, but none of the guys were looking over toward me. In fact, Gabe wasn’t even there. Great. A new song started, and it was pretty fast. He trusted me before. I guessed it was my turn.