The Empty Bunker (part 14)

You stare at your boss standing in the door way holding Whitty's hand tightly.

"S-Sir! It isn't what it looks like-"

"Thank you for informing me of this David"

David told him!? How did David even know? You stared in disbelief and betrayal in him, eyes becoming foggy with your forming tears.

"Everyone, restrain the creature..."

Updike ordered the team of professionally trained task force members as they chain Whitty up and hold him at gun point. Whitty tries to squirm free as he calls your name, crying.

"Y-Y/N! Y/N HELP! PLEASE Y/N HELP ME!"

You slowly look away as you wipe your tears.

"I... I am sorry Whitty..."

"Y/N... Y/N I TRUSTED YOU! I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND!"

"Whitty we are friends! It's just... I work for him and I was supposed to kill you... I am sorry..."

You watch as the team drag him away into the back of the vehicle before your boss walks up to you, a look of anger in his eyes.

"I expected better of you Y/N... You had him in the palm of your hand but you refused to do your job"

"B-Boss I-"

"No excuses... you have lost your only chance to be promoted"

You stare at him in shock, taking step back before pushing him aside and running out the door, chasing the vehicle they took him away in

"WHITTY COME BACK!"

You look back at Updike and David chasing you, Updike with his hand over his gun. You run faster until you catch up to the truck and rush to the back window where you see him chained up and crying.

"Whitty hold on, I will get you out of here-"

"Don't bother, your not my friend. You were only using me..."

"No it isn't like that! I really do lo-"

That is what you could say before updike and David catch up to you, cuffing your hands behind your back.

"S-Sir what are you doing!?"

"You are coming with us, you know too much."

You watch as the truck speed off as you fall to your knees, sobbing. You are pushed into another truck that follows the one Whitty is in. You kick at the door desperately while you scream for help. Nobody came...

When the vehicle stops you are pushed into the facility they send the creatures. You are lead down the halls as you look in all of the cells, holding all the monsters you have captured. Looking at their terrible and abused state of mind made you regret every thing you did to them. You are locked into a cage down the right hall of the center of the building. You pound on the soundproof glass before you hear his voice

"It is too late Y/N... we are going to die here..."

You fall to the ground and cries into your knees.

"I should have been more careful with you Whitty, I am so sorry."

"Well it is a bit late... Did. Did you really mean it when you said you love me? Or was that a lie?"

You turn around and run to him, hugging Whitty tight

"Of course I love you! I was so lost without you but then you came and made my life better!"

You end up crying yourself to sleep in his arms, him holding onto you so you don't fall onto the cold hard ground.

"I love you too Y/N..."

He says before planting a kiss on your soft lips. So there the two of you were, in a small cell in an underground bunker just waiting for what just might be your death... Yippee...