72

Wed.

The next morning Zaidee woke up to find that Kofi had already left out so she was all alone. It was about eleven in the morning so she decided to go ahead and get ready for the day.

She hopped in the shower and went through her whole morning routine before getting dressed for the day.

After spending about two hours getting herself ready for the day she cooked breakfast for herself since Kofi was already gone, and then she called Deja to see if she had any plans for the day.

"What are you doing today?" Zaidee asked her after hearing her answer the phone.

"Well tonight we going to this dude birthday party, it's gon' be a pool party." Deja told her.

"In the middle of the week?" Zaidee asked confused about why somebody wanted to throw their birthday party in the middle of the week instead of on the following weekend. Maybe he just felt the dire need to celebrate on the day of his birthday no matter when it was.

"Yeah, I don't know why he didn't push it to Friday or Saturday, but a lot of people said they going so we gon' go have us some fun." Deja said. "Kofi probably know about it, because the boy done shot ball with them a few times." She added.

Zaidee nodded her head. "Okay I'll ask him if he plan on going." She made a mental note to call Kofi after she got off the phone with Deja.

"You busy right now?" Deja asked her after a few seconds of silence.

"No, but I need to find out where Kofi at." She said wondering how long he planned on being out.

"Well if you free right now you can ride with me over to Amira place for a minute."

"Yeah I'll go with you." Zaidee actually wanted to hangout with Amira again. She wanted to hangout with all of them again.

"Okay ima' be heading that way in like a hour."

"Alright." Zaidee said and the two girls ended their conversation.

After getting off the phone with Deja she went to Kofi's contact and FaceTimed him. The phone rang and rang until it said FaceTime unavailable. Before Zaidee could get frustrated about it his name popped up on her screen again as a regular phone call.

"Why couldn't you FaceTime me?" Zaidee pulled at her curly eyelashes, feeling one of them in her eye.

"What you need? You good?" Kofi answered. His voice sounded kind of muffled to Zaidee.

"Boy I said why couldn't you FaceTime me." She told him again.

"You said what?"

Zaidee let out a deep sigh. "Kofi—"

"I can't hear you, what you say?"

"All I said—"

"Aye can you hear me?" He cut her off again.

"Okay bye I'm going to a party tonight."

"You going to a party where?!" His voice suddenly didn't sound muffled anymore.

"Yeah I bet you heard that, why you didn't answer my FaceTime?"

"Ion' look my best, what party you was talkin' 'bout?" He asked her.

"You better not be doing anything sneaky, but Deja was talking about somebody birthday party tonight." She didn't feel like he was out being unfaithful, but she wasn't going to completely rule it out; she just wasn't going to assume the worst.

"Girl I'm at work." He said in a flat tone. "And she talkin' 'bout Monte party, you remember him from yesterday?" He asked her.

Zaidee thought back to when she went with Kofi to see his friends and one of them asked if he was out the game for now.