12

Try

Omniscient

"Bitch move." A girl spat as she roughly pushed past Zaidee.

It was Monday and school was back in rotation. This would be the last week before Thanksgiving break. She was just pushing through the week so that she could spend her time in her room by herself with no one to bother her.

Luckily, the lockers caught her so that she didn't fall on the floor. She pushed her weight off the lockers while not saying anything even though her shoulder was hurting from the hard contact it made with the hard lockers.

She just adjusted her backpack on her shoulders and kept up with the pace of the moving crowd of students. She let out a soft sigh before walking into her first class.

Her first class of the day went by swiftly. She was attentive and wide awake throughout her teacher's whole lesson. There was no one in the classroom that bothered her so she didn't have to worry about anyone being rude.

She didn't even get a clear view of the girl that had pushed her this morning, but she didn't really care because she wasn't going to do anything about it.

By the time lunch rolled around she was ready to go home and sleep her down mood off. She was trying to get over everything that had happened in the last few weeks, but it all just kept sneaking back into her mind. She was gonna go home and attempt to sleep and wake up, and forget about it.

"Zaidee why the hell you look so sad?" Deja asked with a concerned look on her face as she sat across from her at the lunch table.

Zaidee had been zoned out but she had snapped back into reality at the sound of Deja's voice. She stuck her fork into her salad and ate some, swallowing it before answering her.

"I'm just tired. Ready for the break." She spoke lowly, referring to Thanksgiving break. She was definitely lying, but she just didn't want to talk to Deja about everything because she was trying to forget it, and that would just make her focus on it.

Deja eyed her for a few seconds, not believing her for a moment. But she soon just shook it off. "Okay. I'm trying out for Spring cheerleading, for basketball season." Deja smiled.

Zaidee smiled since she didn't have to be the one to steer the conversation in a different direction. "Aww. I can imagine you now." She opened up her water bottle and drank some before closing it.

"I know. I can imagine making you come to every game just to watch me." Deja smirked.

"I don't know about that." Zaidee laughed a little while softly shaking her head. She was slowly but surely drifting off to a happier mindset.

"Besides that, how the home life been?" Deja made eye contact with her as if she was waiting for Zaidee to tell her something bad happened.

"It's been pretty normal really. Tia and Nia are home more though, so there's them. They get annoying at times but they're okay." She shrugged.

Before the two's conversation could continue, a girl walked up to them.

The girl was a little bit taller than Zaidee, light skinned, the body most would call perfect or goals, her dark brown hair was up in a high bun, she had a pretty face and pretty light brown eyes. She was even dressed in designer.