28

[A/N:
Kofi is pronounced "co-fee" or either "kofee" not "coffee", just for anyone who might have been confused. ]

"Zaidee what is this I keep hearing about you fighting and shit?" Zaidee's head turned towards her doorway, where her aunt leaned on the doorframe.

Zaidee shrugged. "I was upset."

Sucking her teeth, Jenna nodded. "That little boy finally tossed your ass to the side and now you're trying to take it out on everyone else huh?" She chuckled a little.

Zaidee flipped a page in her textbook, preparing to read the next section. "Nope. I threw him to the side." She said while not bothering to look up at her aunt.

"Still doesn't mean you can go around fighting people's kids and shit. That kind of shit reflects on me." Jenna glared at her.

Letting out a sigh, Zaidee looked at her. "Can I finish my homework now?"

"I warned you. You still decided to mess with that boy. You see where it done got you?" Jenna shook her head. "If you would've just-"

Before Jenna could get her next word out, Zaidee's book came flying at her head, she ducked it just in time.

"Girl what the hell is wrong with you?!" Jenna looked at Zaidee as if she had lost her mind.

"I'm sorry that was a reflex." She said lowly with a surprised look on her face.

"What the hell kind of reflex is that?" Jenna was still shocked. "Don't be throwing shit at me in my own damn house."

"Alright auntie, I apologize and it will not happen again. I'm just frustrated because you keep talking when I'm trying to get ready for a test I have Monday." Zaidee rubbed her forehead before getting out of her bed and grabbing her book off the floor.

"It's only Friday. Your over-achieving ass got until Sunday." Jenna said before walking away with an attitude.

Zaidee shut her door and locked it before sitting back on her bed and going back to what she had been doing before.

"When you gonna bring Zaidee back over here? Kamryn been wanting to see her more than she been wanting to see you." Natasha glanced at Kofi before going back to reading through her mail.

Rubbing his beard, Kofi hesitated for a minute. "We not on good terms right now..." He began to bounce his leg.

Sitting down her mail, she glared at him. "And why is that?" She asked him.

Looking at the coffee table that sat in the living room, Kofi tried to avoid his mother's intense glare. "We broke up yesterday." He mumbled.

Raising her eyebrows a bit, Natasha wasn't too surprised. "She left you?"

Kofi nodded, never taking his eyes off of the coffee table.

"That's what your ass get. What your big dumb ass do this time?" She shook her head and picked her mail back up, picking out the important stuff.

Rolling his eyes, Kofi shrugged. "I cheated, but it was on accident."

Looking at him like he was retarded, Natasha furrowed her eyebrows. "How you cheat on accident? Tell me cause I wanna try it."

Letting out a deep sigh, Kofi glanced over at his mother. "Ma you not even funny. I'm for real."

"Nigga I'm not laughing. How the fuck you cheat on accident?" She asked him again.

"I told the girl I was tryna stay loyal to Zai, but I just gave in after I got tired of tellin her no." Kofi felt dumber and dumber the more he thought about his mistake.

"She did that to your face?" Natasha examined his still visible black eye and the cut on his lip that she hadn't bothered to ask about earlier.

Hesitating for a moment, Kofi slowly nodded, feeling embarrassed.

After hearing his mother bust out laughing, he stood up, deciding he was ready to leave.

"Tell Kam I said call me when she get out of practice." He mumbled while digging into his pocket for his keys.

"I know you don't call yourself mad? That's your fault. Exactly what mama said, you couldn't handle her. You gonna have to change your ways if you want her back. Ain't nobody like Zaidee gonna put up with a dog ass nigga like you for too long before she be done with you for the rest of her life." Natasha calmed her laughing down just a bit.

"I hear you. Here." He reach into his pocket and pulled out a roll of hundreds, handing it to her.

"Thank ya sir." Natasha counted through it, taking out how much she needed for the bills.

"Imma' see you later." Kofi scratched his head.

"See you later. And if you do end up getting back with that girl, make sure it's cause you really wanna be with her and make sure you ready to treat her right. Don't be breaking that girl heart cause she don't deserve that bullshit." Natasha held eye contact with him.

She was serious, the day Zaidee had came over on Thanksgiving, she had told his mother and grandmother a little bit about her background, about her parents and how she had never met them and had always lived with her aunt. She had no problem opening up to them because she felt like she needed someone to talk to other than Deja and she didn't think Kofi would listen.

"Aight mama I hear you." Kofi slightly rolled his eyes before leaving out. He needed to go make a drop for his uncle later on tonight and he just wanted to go home and be by his self for a few hours.

Zaidee was lying on her bed on FaceTime, she had been distracting and distancing her self from Kofi and she was pretty proud of her self.

She had a good day at school and she had already made plans for the weekend, which was something she didn't usually do.

She let out a laugh before shaking her head and staring at her phone screen.

"I swear I can't wait to see you tomorrow Andre." She smiled.