67

"I need you to pick up Zai before you and that Charlie girl fly out tomorrow."

"Why Charlie flying out there with me? You know ion' like being around her too long. I just be needing her to do her job then bounce." Cam looked at Kofi with his lip turned up. Charlie had a permanent attitude that he didn't like at all.

"If that girl fly out there wit' me Zaidee ain't gon' like that. I don't be around her long enough to know how she be acting but you say she rude as hell so I'm not gon' like being around her either." Kofi wasn't even interested in being around Charlie again. The only reason she was going was because she claimed she had business to discuss with Cam's dad. They didn't know what she was talking about, nor did they care.

Cam smacked his lips. "Zaidee ain't gon' wanna fly with her either. We gon' act like we don't know her on the plane." He looked at Kofi.

Kofi shrugged his shoulders. "I don't care, just make sure Zai good and sit by her on the plane, make sure she don't end up in a window seat, I told you she don't like flyin' and this only her second time."

"Aight, ima' make sure she straight." Cam nodded his head.

" 'Preciate it, and make sure Charlie don't try no shit wit' her, ion' know how she get down, but Zai don't do messy." Kofi watched as Cam started laughing. "I'm for real." He added.

"I know, but you know Zai be havin' a attitude too. Especially when she around people she don't like, or you." Cam pointed out in honesty.

Kofi stared at him blankly for a while. "Make sure she eat before y'all get on the plane. That's probably gon' help." He held an unsure look on his face.

"Maybe we won't have no worries as long as they both eat. Charlie don't talk much anyways—"

"Charlie don't do what?" Cam almost fell out of his seat as Charlie's voice filled the kitchen. He thought she was already gone home hours ago.

"What the hell you doing here?!" He looked at her like she had broken in. It was almost eleven at night and she finished cutting his hair at like six.

Kofi quietly stared at her already knowing he had forgot to take her home.

"Don't talk to me like that, I been in that living room sleep for hours, why ain't neither one of y'all woke me up to take me home yet? Y'all think I'm staying here with y'all or some?" She had one of her hands placed on her hip and she used the other one one to flip her hair over her shoulder.

"We know you ain't staying here. Kofi gone ahead and take that girl back home, ion' know why you ain't take her when she got done." Cam looked away from the girl and looked at Kofi.

Kofi scrunched his face up. "I ain't takin' her home, I'm finna' go hop in the shower. She came over here for you, you take her."

"You was her ride over here, you trifling if you don't take her back home and you the one picked her up." Charlie wasn't Cam's cup of tea at all. She could be quiet but when she got to talking he prayed to God that she would soon shut up.

Kofi had never been around Charlie long enough to see what Cam was always complaining about. He hoped he wasn't about to find out today because he knew he could get real disrespectful.

"Well..?" Charlie stared at the two as Kofi stared at the wall behind her and Cam stared at the sink.

"You said you gon' call a Uber?" Kofi acted like he could barely hear her. Cam's eyes got wide as he struggled to hold in his laugh.

"You paying for it? Because you know I didn't say that shit." She looked him up and down.

Kofi looked her up and down in return. "Earlier yo' ass was too bougie to speak, now yo' bougie ass can't afford yo' own Uber— matter of fact, where yo' nigga at? Didn't you say he got yo' car?"

Charlie looked like she was taken back by his sudden attitude. "Excuse you, my man has a job, he has to be at work at five in the morning so he's probably sleep right now. He figured my ride over here would also be my ride back. So what's up? You paying for my Uber or taking me home?"

"Cam pay for her a Uber, I ain't paying for shit for her, she ain't my bitch." Kofi scoffed and looked at her like she disgusted him. "Got me fucked up."

"She ain't my bitch either. She got money to pay for a Uber, ain't nobody stupid. Either call that Uber or sleep on the couch. I ain't taking nobody rude ass home at eleven at night. Better tell yo' nigga to come scoop you before he go to work. I already gotta pick yo' ass up tomorrow, I ain't tryna have you in my car twice in  less than twenty-four hours." Cam spoke his piece and got off his seat, making his exit. He was done for the night.

"Wow." She let out a dry chuckle. "Y'all are just perfect... I don't mind staying the night though." She did a little smirk that threw Kofi off.

"I got a girlfriend." He threw her the same little smirk. "And you got a man with a job."

"I know you not talkin' bout that lil' girl from earlier? Anyways, I don't know what you pointing out the obvious for—"

"Let's gone ahead and get you home. And you know I'm talkin' bout her. She going with Cam tomorrow so make sure you don't try no shit with her." He already had his keys in his pocket so he just walked towards the door.

"If she don't speak to me then it won't be no problems." Charlie mumbled before walking in front of Kofi and opening the front door. "Oh yeah, tell her not to look at me wrong either. I don't do disrespect, at all."

"She don't do disrespect either, I'm just sayin' like, stay to yo' self tomorrow." They both walked to his car and he unlocked it, allowing them to both get in.

He got in and pressed the push to start button while Charlie pulled on her seatbelt. "Why you and your girlfriend not flying back home together? I'm just curious."

Kofi inhaled slowly before connecting his phone to the radio. "She got class tomorrow. Mind yo' damn business."

Charlie started laughing before looking out the window since she noticed they were starting to leave. "Boy I was just asking, damn."

Instead of saying anything back Kofi just turned his music on and made it annoyingly loud.

Don't worry I'm working on the next chapter right now, like I'm really really really trying to force time in for this book so just bare with me. I promiseeee everything is gonna be good.