24

"No, I turned mine in early last week." Zaidee shook her head. They were outside sitting on one of the many benches. She was riding home with Deja and she was waiting for her to get out of tutoring.

"Do you remember what you wrote?" Layla asked her.

"Yeah." Zaidee nodded.

"Well... do you think you could do it for me... What are friends for right?" Layla added a little laugh while speaking in a pleading tone.

Zaidee frowned a bit. "They definitely aren't for doing your writing assignments." She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh.. So you're not gonna help me?" She asked. Layla had the tea of the afternoon and she was daring Zaidee to say something she didn't like and she was gonna have her bawling her big brown eyes out.

"I can help you, but I'm not gonna do it for you." Zaidee began to swing her feet back and forth.

"And by help you mean..."

"Layla! We're leaving now. Are you riding with me or not?"

Zaidee looked over and saw Kylie's cousin causing her to scrunch her face up.

"Oh. I gotta go. Just do it for me and give it to me tomorrow." Layla jumped up and grabbed her bag.

Zaidee didn't say anything. She was trying to figure out why Layla was hanging out with Zoe. Of course she wasn't one to tell her who and who not to hangout with, but she didn't trust anyone who hung out with Kylie and Zoe.

"I'm not doing your assignment." Zaidee spoke before she walked away.

"Oh you're not?" Layla raised her eyebrows.

"No." Zaidee said assuringly. She didn't care how intimidating Layla tried to look, she wasn't intimidated by her at all.

"Oh okay. Let's go Zoe, before I say something." Layla turned on her heels and quickly walked away.

"I'm surprised you're not somewhere crying yourself to sleep by now." Zoe looked Zaidee up and down before following behind Layla.

Zaidee rolled her eyes and pulled her phone out checking the time. She only had about ten more minutes until Deja was finished. She decided to occupy a few minutes with Instagram.

"You ain't ridin' with me?" She froze for a second at the sound of Kofi's voice.

"No, I'm riding with Deja." She didn't bother to look in his direction as she felt him sit down beside her.

"What? You mad at me or some?" He stared at her even though she wasn't looking at him.

Furrowing her eyebrows, Zaidee glanced at him for a second. "Should I be mad at you?"

Kofi bit his tongue and stayed quiet for a minute. From what he was observing she hadn't heard anything and that was good. He made a mental note to go get his fifty from Tez when he left.

"I'm just askin'." Kofi shrugged. "Why you out here waitin' for Deja when I coulda' been dropped you off?" He looked around.

Zaidee shrugged. "She offered and I said yeah."

"Let me drop you off real quick." Kofi dug into his pocket, retrieving his phone.

"No," Zaidee shook her head. "Deja's about to come out here and I already told her I'd ride with her."

Sucking his teeth, Kofi nodded. "Aight. Call me when you get home."

Zaidee just looked off. His presence was annoying her for some reason.

"You hear me?" Kofi stared at her raising his voice a little.

"Yes I hear you." Zaidee mumbled with a nod.

"Kofi take your ass on! I'm taking her home today. We going to eat too." Deja came up out of no where being loud.

After rolling his eyes, Kofi huffed. "Girl shut yo' loud ass up. She already told me you takin' her home. You always bringing yo' ugly ass around acting like I can't talk to my own damn girl." He mugged her.

Zaidee just rolled her eyes and stood up, putting on her backpack. They were both starting to annoy her.

"My bad then. I thought your big ass was over here tryna tell her to ride home with you." Deja stopped as she stood not too far from the two.

Ignoring her, Kofi put his attention on Zaidee. She almost looked annoyed to him.

"The fuck is wrong wit' you?" Kofi slightly lifted his lip and furrowed his eyebrows.

Unintentionally giving him the same facial expression, Zaidee spoke. "I'm ready to go. That's what's wrong with me."

Deja rose her eyebrows a bit, then walked away to go to her car where she would continue to mind her business.

"Don't talk to me wit' no fuckin' attitude in yo' tone." Kofi continued staring at her and observed as she quickly rolled her eyes.

"You've got just as much attitude as me so I don't even wanna hear that." She spoke back.

Kofi was surprised and slowly becoming pissed off. Zaidee didn't usually talk to him like he talked to her.

He was a bit shocked.

"What tha' fuck?" He looked around confused. "I don't who you think you talkin' to but I'm not none of them bitches you hang wit'." He stared at her as she looked off.

Rolling her eyes before unintentionally letting out a yawn, Zaidee looked up at him. "I'm leaving now. I might call you when I get home, I might not." She was surprising herself with how she was talking to him but she was getting tired of letting him talk to her any and every kind of way and her just not doing anything about it.

Out of the side of his eye, Kofi could see Deja running in their direction. She looked like she was either in a rush to do something or either she was in a rush to tell something.

She held her phone in her hand and both Kofi and Zaidee watched her the whole time until she eventually approached them.

Zaidee stared at her oddly as she caught her breath before finally opening her mouth to say something.

"So... Kofi... we... fuckin'... our girlfriend... pregnant cousin... now?" She finally got out while she panted for air.

Zaidee's face scrunched up and in less than seven seconds her fist connected with Kofi's strong jaw.