deal breaker

The more I spend time with him, the more different sides of him that I've discovered. Still not letting my guards down though.

"So how long have you been together with the president?" We always get this a lot & we always play along.

"Since the first year of high school. I love that guy." I tried my hardest to contain my laughter. "And he's okay with you eating out with another guy?" He asks in pure curiosity. "Yea, he's matured & doesn't try to make his other exes jealous like that someone" I nudged his shoulder jokingly. "ha ha you're funny" he playfully rolls his eyes.

"oh yea, what happened to her anyway?" I ask while slurping my ramen. "Here's the funny part. I told her that you're my girlfriend. Surprise." I stopped eating abruptly.

I lost my appetite & my mood. "i'm leaving" I left my money on the counter. The audacity this guy has. I told him not to get me involved. The look of hatred on her face appears in my mind.

"why are you mad?" he asks while trying to keep our pace in sync. Before I can put on a brave face on, tears start streaming down my cheek.

Why do I always cry?

His face soften. He wipes my tears away with his warm hand. Don't fall for this act. I smacked his hand away.

"Please, don't get me involved. I don't want any confrontations from anyone." I said while looking down. "Okay, i'm sorry. I'll tell her the truth" he looks at me again with the soft look.

"Just leave me alone" & with that, I left him in the dark.