Bomb Attack

The next morning Tony and I were alerted early that Happy had been ambulanced to hospital in a critical condition after the Mandarin had planned and carried out a bombing at the Chinese Theatre.

Tony and I rushed ourselves there and I immediately got to work asking questions and helping out anyway I could, to help and speed up Happy's recovery. Tony and I couldn't work out why Happy was there, he's doesn't just go to the theatre. It was confusing me.

There was one chair in his room and Tony sat on it and I was about to sit on the floor when he grabbed my arm and tugged it so I fell into his lap. I was so flustered and blushed heavily but he ignored my reaction and wrapped his arms around me waist. I soon relaxed in his hold and leaned my head on his shoulder.

I was tired but wide awake with worry. I was still wearing Tony's shirt but shoved my jeans back on along with my shoes to rush here.

An hour later a young nurse enters making me stand up. She checked Happy's vitals and must have been slightly tired herself because she didn't notice Tony and I until we piped up.

"Hi." Tony smiled kindly at her.
"Oh." She greets as she offers us a smile.
"Uh...mind leaving that on?" He asks politely as she was about to turn the Tv off.
"Sure." She agreed as Tony too rises from his seat.

"Sunday night's PBS 'Downtown Abbey'. That's his show, he thinks it's elegant. One more thing...make sure everyone wears their badges. He's a stickler for that sort of thing, plus my guys won't let anyone in without them." He asks her. I smile at Tony's kindness. He really did care for Happy even if he didn't always show it. 

With that he grabs my hand and turns to leave. I give the nurse another smile before walking out with him. Just as we leave I notice news reporters are all waiting for Tony and I outside the hospital.

"We're awaiting the arrival of Tony Stark and Kira Barton. We're hoping they'll give us the reaction...their reaction to the latest attack." I hear the news reporter say as Tony and I walk out. He now wears his sunglasses and keeps a firm grip on my hand as we keep our heads down and walk out.

But all the reporters still swarm toward us.
"Mr. Stark! Miss Barton! Our sources are telling us that this is another Mandarin attack. Anything else you can tell us?" They yell. Tony and I ignore the questions and walk toward his car.

"Hey, Mr. Stark! When is somebody gonna kill this guy? Just sayin'." A reporter asks and Tony turns to face the reporter. I squeeze his hand and whisper in his ear.

"Don't Tony."

"Is that what you want? Here's a little Holiday greeting I've been wanting to send to the Mandarin. I just didn't know how to phrase it until now. My name is Tony Stark and I'm not afraid of you. I know you're a coward, so I've decided that you just died, pal. I'm gonna come get the body. There's no politics here; it's just good old-fashioned revenge. There's no Pentagon; it's just you and me. And on the off-chance you're a man, here's my home address: 10-8-80, Malibu Point, 9-0-2-6-5. I'll leave the door unlocked. That's what you wanted, right?" Tony fully ignored me and I just stood in disbelief that he gave away his house address and threatened a terrorist on live Tv.

All of a sudden he then throws his phone to a wall in rage and looks back at the cameras.
"Bill me." He spits before getting into his car and driving us off.

I sit in silence in the passenger seat not believing what he just did.

"Say something, please." He begs me.
"That was stupid Tony." I tell him honestly.
"I know but God they make me so mad! Showing up to the hospital like that? You know I didn't ask for this life! I didn't want fame, money, any of that shit! I just want to be happy! Is that so much to ask for?" He yells.