(2) Chapter 1

I've existed in this dimension,
I'll prove myself worthy.

For being her older brother,
I will show her the true meaning
Of feeling loved.

But it was now Athanasia's,
Debutante ball.
I won't be able to come see,
But I will listen to Jennette.

But, what is this?
Jennette asked me to escort her.
To the ball?
She also wanted to dance with me.

She never payed attention,
To the emperor nor,
Athanasia.

X

"Brother Nox look, look, I've gotten an invitation to the debutante ball for the heir of Obelia!"

Jennette happily sung as she held the letter up high in the hair, her eyes sparkled.

She spun around and started to run around her bed room. She was truly in her state of Joy land.

Since, she was now fourteen- she was able to do things without Nox helping her around the mansion.

But deep down in her heart, she missed being carried by the man- she loved being held in his arms.

She still insisted to sit next to him while he worked on the paperwork, now that Roger wasn't able to work due to his stress.

Nox had taken up the role of temperory head of the Alpheus.

He was also apart of the family now, they had set up papers of adoptions for Nox.

When Jennette turned eleven she begged her Uncle to include him in the family as well.

Her Uncle was slowly turning back into a kind man with no words that would backfire at anyone.

They were truly a happy family, he was now Nox Alpheus.

He hadn't debut yet but, he on hot topic ever since he appeared in the newspaper.

They ranged from the townsmen to noble ladies, they gossiped about the rumors that he was an extremely handsome man.

He was also a man of his words. They heard that he was someone that would protect his family.

Ever since he became temporary head, they were doing much better than what Roger has done.

Nox himself now wore expensive clothing that would prove himself worthy of the most beautiful ladies.

But he wasn't that "type" of guy, he is a gentlemen. But, he wouldn't be a playboy.

He had to focus on taking care of his family now.

He was in his twenties but, he still looked as if he was seventeen due to his monarch powers.

Now that he was head of the family, he couldn't spend as much time with Jennette anymore.

The result you ask?

The result of this was that Jennette would come into the office and sit on the sofa infront of his desk.

She would read books, or finish any of her homework from her teachers. She would sometimes ask Nox to help her explain something she didn't know.

Mostly in math though.

He was truly happy, even though he was in a state of Deja vu. He promised Jennette that he wouldn't leave her alone now.

But, now it's the opposite. She promised not to leave him alone. Since he was practically a shut- off in the office room due to the paper works.

He was truly impressive, even Roger wasn't able to finish his paper work in a span of three day. Roger would often struggle in his paper work when Nox was 17.

Roger would often ask Nox how to correctly do them or ask if they are correct. Roger's budgeting was always off or they reports were not really good enough.

So Nox had taken the role of doing them, ever since Roger saw him doing this he had resigned his role of head.

Giving the head role to Nox.

Roger was not a Duke anymore, it was Nox that was a Duke now.

X

"Brother Nox, can I- um."

Jennette figeted in her seat while playing with her thumbs. Nox looked up from his budgeting papers.

He placed the pen back down onto the table and leaned back into the chair. Crossing his right leg over his left, he played his hands on the table.

"Is there something wrong with the invitation?"

Nox asked Jennette, but she was too embarrassed to spill the tea.

"Does it have to do with the ball?"

He asked another question, seeing that Jennette started to frantically nod her head.

"I see, you want me to escort you?"

Jennette gasped as he jumped out of her. She marched over to his chair, she spun his chair so he can face her.

He looked up while he was still sitting down on the chair.

"I want my first dance to be you!"

X