(1) Chapter 6

"please don't leave me,
I don't want to be alone!"
You cried in my arms begging,
For me to stop and stay.
You begged that I won't go away.
You couldn't bear to,
Feel the pain again.

I couldn't bear the pain,
As well.
I see you as Jin-ah,
She would do the same thing.

I've decided to stay with you.
I won't ever leave you.

X

After Jennette woke up, she cried.

The reason was unclear, but Nox knew she cried because he wasn't by her side.

She ran up to him, and jumped at him.

Catching her and safely holding her in his arms. He wiped her tears away, soothing her from her terrible nightmare.

"It's okay, I'm here."

Nox said as he pat Jennette's back softly.

Her cries soon became soft hiccup's.

'Somehow, this reminds me about a similar event that happened a few years ago...'

Nox thought as he carried Jennette towards the play room. Jennette's caregiver was in a shock of relief, after seeing Jennette that has been running around in her pajamas.

She couldn't help but, feel scared for the little girl. It was her main job to protect and take care of Jennette.

If she doesn't do her job well, Roger Alpheus wouldn't be so happy.

Nox knew that Roger wouldn't be happy, even if he didn't meet him yet.

Jennette has been keeping him in the dark, everytime her Uncle left to the Obelia empire. She let him out to play.

But, whenever he's back she pushes Nox into a room, that has a one way door to the outside.

Even if Jennette's uncle is suspicious of her, he would be able to disappear from sight.

That way it would be much easier to at least show her uncle that she wasn't hiding anyone.

Right now, Jennette sat on his lap. Listening to him read her a story, this time it was romance.

Jennette was the one that picked the book, she was very interested in it.

She heard from the fellow maid's that it was a good book.

When he was reading the book, Jennette listened to what he said.

She loved hearing his voice, it's as if he has an older brother.

Jennette has always seen Nox as her older brother, because he was always spoiling her with his cooking.

He did spoil her with other things such as: clothing, his cooking, secretly taking her out to the town and etc.

But, she never became spoiled.

She worked for those things, she had to be on her best behavior to gain those.

Unlike the other noble lady's, they cried wanting a specific thing. Even marriage!

Jennette found this very problematic, if he was forced to marry someone. She wouldn't have an older brother anymore.

Jennette had insisted Nox, that they would go twice a week.

Nox agreed to that, even though it might be an understatement.

X

Right now, Jennette and Nox were in the town.

Jennette made sure to were her ring to hide her eyes. Nox made sure to wear a mask though he still had his cloak's hood on.