05.

how wooyoung and san managed to get out of campus without anyone seeing them was a miracle. the security guard saw them, but funnily enough didn't question why a boy he did not know was beside wooyoung, who was known to never get up before 3 pm on sunday's. well, guess he'll make an exception for san.

"okay, so everything's on me since you don't have any money on you, i presume. you can choose whatever you want. then we'll grab lunch and we can go back, yeah?" wooyoung said. san nodded and the two started to go through all the stores san wanted to go into.

to be honest, san chose a lot of clothes that wooyoung himself would never have the confidence to wear. and the clothes san chose definitely did not define 'angel', it probably was the representation of the devil itself.

the clothes ranged from black leather coats to the iconic dr martens. san also bought a thousand — of course, wooyoung's only exaggerating since, well, his wallet only had so much money — black belts and layering shirts. wooyoung doubted san would've went onto pinterest and found clothing inspirations beforehand but now, it really seems like the older did just that. the more clothes san bought, the more he seemed to resemble the grunge aesthetic.

"woah, have you been- you know what, you don't even have a phone, you won't understand what i'm saying." wooyoung face palmed himself. san glanced over his shoulder and beamed, "speaking of which, i need a phone, don't i, youngie?"

wooyoung physically tensed up at the nickname but quickly relaxed, "yeah, sure. um, yeah, let's go to the apple store. i'm pretty sure there's one nearby..."

and so san got a phone, ten full bags of clothes, and an ice cream on his free hand as the two walked out of the mall. wooyoung sighed, staring at his wallet, "guess i'll have to eat less this month. anyways, you happy with what you got?"

san hummed, "yup. but what am i gonna do when you're at school?"

wooyoung blinked once, then twice, "huh. good question. i guess you could just chill at my room. or you can go find a job, though i doubt they'd hire you with zero schooling experience..."

"hey! that's rude." san pouted. wooyoung chuckled lightly, "you know i'm right though, no one'll hire someone with a schooling experience up to eighth grade."

"but youngie," san started, "although i didn't go through high school, i still know all the stuff required to sit the uni entrance exams. we still had to learn up there, you know, so technically, i'm qualified to get into unis."

wooyoung smiled widely, "then you can apply for our uni! i don't know what majors you could go for, but i'm sure if you hand in an application now, you can definitely get in. you could just say you've been homeschooled up til high school and therefore have no school certificate whatsoever. i don't know if that'll work, but it'll be amazing if you got in!"

san smiled at how happy the younger looked. one thing he missed the most when he was away from wooyoung was how contagious wooyoung's positivity could be. one smile from the younger would send anyone into fits of laughter and happiness, and that's what san always relied on when he was going through hard times. he knew he could always depend on wooyoung if he wanted to have some fun, or if he just wanted to smile and relax for a bit. because jung wooyoung had that effect on everyone, it was almost like his aura was made to help people feel happy and relaxed.

and san knew that only a few beings had that sort of aura. if wooyoung was not human, then he'd be God's right hand man, an archangel, the complete opposite of san. san didn't want that since, well, if wooyoung was an archangel, then God and Lucifer would do anything to make sure they're separated. judging by how they're literally walking side by side, san's guessing wooyoung's nothing more than just an overly positive human being.

at least he hoped so.

"i'll try my best." san said. wooyoung instantly beamed and swung an arm around san's shoulders, "that's what i wan' hear!"

"why is this so hard?" san asked, banging his head against wooyoung's table. wooyoung glanced up from his laid down position on his bed and laughed at how frustrated san looked. the younger put down his phone and went over to san, "i thought you said you knew pretty much everything."

"well, yeah," san argued, "but business is just hard and boring and so hard to understand! how did you answer all of these questions without stressing out?"

"maybe because i went to school for it." wooyoung teased. san threw him a glare, which made wooyoung laugh, "sannie, you don't have to apply same major as i do. plus, business' a really hard one and it's fine if you don't get it."

san shook his head. he then patted his cheeks rather harshly wooyoung was quite taken aback. "i will get into uni of seoul with a business major." san said, his tone determined as he stared at the paper in front of him, trying to fish out all the information he learnt while he was gone.

wooyoung chuckled at his best friend, "you're working so hard for this. why do you want to be a business major so badly anyway? i just took it because that's what my parents always wanted me to do. how about you? you're literally an angel, you have no business to take over."

san looked at wooyoung. he must be crazy to think this in the middle of an uni entrance test, but wooyoung looked really good in the naturally dark setting of his room. the only source of lighting they had right now was the lamp in the corner of wooyoung's desk, which the light only slightly bounced off wooyoung's right cheek. wooyoung's smile seemed brighter than usual as well, almost like wooyoung's smile was the source of light here instead of the lamp.

i must be going insane, san thought to himself.

"i dunno," san muttered, tearing his eyes from his best friend, "i just feel like i need to get a business major."

wooyoung frowned. he crouched down in front of san and reached for the older's hands, clutching them tightly in his, "if you're doing the business major just to be with me, don't bother, then. san, the entire point of going to uni is doing what you like and doing what you think suits you. i'm taking business as my major not only because that's what my parents want me to do, but also because i want to open a dance studio. and for that, i'll have to take business, too."

wooyoung's eyes sparkled a moment before smiling at san again, this time his eyes disappearing into little crescent moons as well, "you should take what you want, sannie, what your heart tells you to take. because i'd hate you if you take business just to be with me!"

san laughed at wooyoung's last sentence, taking one of his hands away from wooyoung's to ruffle the younger's hair, making him groan but the smile still there, "okay, youngie. well, in that case, i'd probably take dance and music as my major."

"music?"

san hummed, "i've grown to love singing and playing instruments up there. to be honest, there's not much to do except for singing, playing instruments and learning, if that's what you want to do. and so, i'd say i'm pretty talented in that area."

"that's amazing!" wooyoung exclaimed, "you should play for me sometime. or better yet, write a song for me." wooyoung wiggled his eyebrow.

san laughed and shoved wooyoung, making the younger's back hit the floor, "you have my word, youngie. by the end of however long we stay here, you'll have a song written by yours truly."