16.

"mom, i'll be back in two months, you'll be fine without me for two months." wooyoung teased as he hugged his mom one last time before breaking away from her, turning to see san tapping his non-existent watch, telling him that the train'll start pretty soon.

mrs jung smiled softly, "i know. i know. next time you come back, i better see you and taemin together. he's a good guy, i can tell. and tell him he's welcomed to stay at ours anytime, yeah?"

wooyoung flushed a deep shade of pink at his mom's words, "mom~ i'm not even looking for a relationship right now."

"i don't care. it would be lovely to have him as my son in law!" mrs jung said excitedly. wooyoung shook his head playfully, bidding one last goodbye to his parents before jogging towards san.

san lifted his bags from the floor with ease and glanced at wooyoung quickly before laughing, "is your physique that bad that you're red from running, what, ten metres?"

wooyoung rolled his eyes, punching san's chest lightly as they went onto the train, "no, you idiot. it was something my mom said."

"and what exactly did mom say?" san asked, his tone making it obvious that he's teasing wooyoung. and that only made wooyoung's reaction to san's words even funnier, "mom? excuse me? she's not your mom."

san frowned, pouting ever so slightly as he presented to the younger his puppy eyes, "what do you mean? she's my mom, too!"

wooyoung glared at san, sticking his tongue out playfully, "you only stayed here for four weeks. you don't get to claim my mom as your's."

san chuckled, reaching forward to ruffle wooyoung's hair, which made the younger's heart do a couple hundred summersaults. "you're so cute."

three and a half hours later, the pair finally stepped foot in seoul. needless to say, the two were exhausted from sitting for so long and not being able to stretch too much except for walking up and down the aisles, which the two did not do at all due to being lazy.

"i hate the feeling of starting school already." wooyoung muttered to san as they climbed onto the taxi to get to their university. san shook his head lightly, "always a mood killer. you'll be fine, youngie."

wooyoung groaned, "but it's school. it's going to be so tiring and oh my God, it's going to be stressful as well because we'll have to revise over easter to get ready for exams. again. oh my gosh." wooyoung muttered the last part since he muffled his voice when he dropped his head onto his palms.

the taxi driver looked at the pair from his rearview mirror and chuckled softly, "i miss the good old days when all i have to worry about is passing exams."

wooyoung glared at the old man and scoffed softly. san frowned. he really didn't know what put wooyoung in such a bad mood today. the younger was bubbly and happy to see yeosang and yunho again after four weeks and suddenly when they arrive at seoul, wooyoung's mood plummeted straight down to the depths of the oceans.

san reached a hand over to pry wooyoung's hands away from his face, "hey, are you alright?"

wooyoung slightly tensed up at the interaction. truthfully, he's been questioning and feeling squirmy under san's touch for the past week already, that kiss they shared during midnight on new year's confused him until this day. although he knew that san probably kissed him just for the sake of not being single for the year and good luck, he just couldn't help but hope that maybe — just maybe — san kissed him because he's wooyoung.

but that's not what san's asking at the moment. he wasn't asking whether or not wooyoung enjoyed the kiss. he wasn't asking whether or not he thinks the kiss meant something. he wasn't asking if he could kiss him again. it wasn't about that.