31.

"happy birthday, yeosang!" everyone yelled as they popped the lid off of their mini exploding graffitis (a/n: idk what they're called so bear with me).

yeosang was throwing a party. right, the kang yeosang. the introverted, shy friend of the chaotic jung friends. there was practically no doubt that wooyoung and yunho were the two that orchestrated the entire party rather than yeosang. everyone knew yeosang would not have done this even if it was for someone else.

yeosang smiled sheepishly, "thanks, guys. please, help yourself to anything! it's not like i threw this anyway."

everyone laughed at yeosang's comment despite knowing it was true. yeosang had greeted a few friends and acquaintances before joining his little friend group. yunho and mingi were already a bit over the edge, the two loud, tall giants a bit louder than usual. jongho only smiled and invited yeosang over with open arms, which the birthday boy accepted happily. wooyoung and san were just there, grinning at how jongho and yeosang were interacting.

"so," wooyoung started, clinking his glass of vodka with yeosang's glass of white wine, "nineteen, huh?"

yeosang rolled his eyes as he drank a bit of his drink, cringing at the obvious bitterness, "you're going to be nineteen soon, too. don't say it like you're fucking fifteen or something."

wooyoung shrugged, downing his vodka and almost gagged at how fiery the liquid tasted like as it went down his throat, "it's half a year 'til i'm nineteen. so, technically, i can say it like that, however you wanted that to mean."

san took wooyoung's glass away from the younger, earning a whine and pout from wooyoung. san chuckled, shaking his head, "you're fucking light-weighted. don't you dare get drunk and have me take care of hungover wooyoung again tomorrow morning."

wooyoung pouted, "fine, mom."

the trio laughed at wooyoung's comment. they started small conversation again, and at one point, jongho invited yeosang to go up and meet some new people since that's sorta the whole point of partying. well, also to get drunk, but it's a school night and it would not be ideal to get drunk and have a hungover tomorrow morning.

"youngie," san asked, poking the fake-sulking younger. when wooyoung didn't reply, san placed his hand on wooyoung's upper arm and squeezed. hard. that earned a yelp from wooyoung, who was practically throwing daggers at san for that, "what?"

"sweetheart, i was just wondering if you wanna call it a night or what. i know it's yeosang's birthday party, but it's now more like a college party and i don't know if you're comfortable with it." san explained, throwing a soft smile at wooyoung, "we can stay if you want to, though. the demon within me wouldn't mind."

before wooyoung could reply, however, a girl approached san and wooyoung instantly glared at her. perhaps it was because of the dim lighting of the room, but the girl didn't seem to pay attention to wooyoung at all. it was like he's not even there.

wooyoung's gaze went behind her for a bit and saw a couple of guys and girls giggling and pointing fingers at the girl, instantly telling him that it was most probably a dare the girl received. the dare being to ask san to dance or something.

"hey, um," the girl started, picking on her fingers and looking down, not meeting san's eyes nor wooyoung's, "i'm miyeon (a/n: original character!! not idle miyeon) and i was wondering if you wanna go out and dance with me."

she finally looked up and wooyoung had to admit, she's kinda pretty. miyeon's features were prominent even under the shitty lighting, and her small smile kinda just pulls everything together. but wooyoung sat back smugly, a smug smile on his face. he knew san would say no.