~Day 1~

Xisuma looked over the small crowd of teens conversing in the park, feeling a sense of pride wash over him.

This is so cool, he thought with a smile. I organized something that could make a small difference.

All ten people had backpacks slung over their shoulders, ready for the trip to come.

The tanned brunet felt his co-host and friend Keralis put his hand on X's shoulder.

"Wanna get this show on the road, swashswammy?" Keralis giggled at his own joke, "Everyone's here."

"Okay, thanks for telling me." Xisuma smiled at his friend from beneath his facemask before turning towards his little group.

"Attention everyone!" He clapped his hands, "We're going to be taking off soon, and there a few things I want to go over before you guys go."

The ten contestants turned their eyes to look at X surprisingly quickly. Xisuma smiled, pleasantly surprised.

"I've gone over most of the following details in the Group Chat, but seeing as certain individuals" - Xisuma looked at Doc, Grian, and Tango pointedly - "never bothered to even look at it I feel the need to repeat the necessities here."

"This marathon has been cut into five chunks. It's a five day trip from here to the finish line with four checkpoints along the way. Everyday the two teams will be racing to the next checkpoint, where there will be a campsite to stay at for the night." X explained, "Whichever team gets to the checkpoint first each day will receive a point, and their teams tents will have already been set up. At the end of the five days whichever team has more points wins and gets to choose a local charity that 200 dollars will go to."

Bdubs raised his hand, "What're the teams?"

"Glad you asked! Keralis?"

Keralis stepped forward, holding two van keys on key rings. "Team One gets the green camper van, and consists of Doc, Ren, Grian, Iskall, and Mumbo."

Iskall's eyes widened, glancing back and forth between Keralis and Ren. Keralis tossed Grian one key before listing off the second team.

"And Team Two is everyone else! Bdubs, Scar, Tango, Impulse, and Zedaph! You guys get the blue camper van."

Keralis threw the second key to Zedaph and nudged Xisuma.

"So.. any more questions?" Xisuma asked,

"What about traffic?" Mumbo asked, "Like there's got to be other cars on our route, what if it gives one team an accidental unfair advantage?"

"Simple fix," Xisuma waved the air as if swatting the problem away like a bug, "I rented a highway."

Silence hung over the group, the only noise being an amused snort from Bdubs.

Xisuma shrugged, "I come from a wealthy family."

"Of course you do." Grian said, "You totally have that vibe."

"Any other questions?"

The group of teens just stood there, watching Xisuma expectantly.

"Okay." X smiled, "Go!"

There was a slight stagger in the teams' stance as they registered Xisuma's command. Impulse was the first to really react, grabbing Zed's hand and bolting towards their teams van, shoving the blond in the front seat.

"Wait- right now!?" Iskall yelped, jumping when Doc grabbed his forearm and began dragging him towards the green camper van.

"Yes right now, they already have their car going come on!"