DB: 16

With a last heave of a sigh she left everything behind.

The letter was placed neatly on top of her mother's vanity table inside their parents shared room. She couldn't do this anymore. Guilt is eating her alive. And so she made a decision that she knows how much she will surely regret, but despite that... She knows that this is the right thing to do in able to calm herself and calm the twins' feelings down as well.

It was Thursday morning and the first thing that woke everyone up inside the said mansion is Violet's mother as she wails loudly. On her hand, she's clutching the letter her daughter left behind. Unsure and mixed emotions contains those tears.

Jeongguk abruptly paced down the stairs and approached his step mother who's whimpering early in their living room. His bed hair tousled as his puffy eyes scanned her with a frown. Slowly he took a step forward and offer her a hug but her cries became louder. At this point Jeongguk don't know what to do or how to comfort the woman and even when his father and Jungkook also went down stairs to check on her, her cries did not subside.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Jangeum was the first to talk, he cupped his wife's face as he scans her with worry.

"V-Violet..." Was all she could mutter.

But the mere mention of Violet's name gave Jangeum confusion and the twins with panic. They tensed having an idea of what could this be about. The two shared glances as if conversing with their eyes. It's been a minute that their mother is crying but she was nowhere to be seen.

"What's about Violet, honey?" Jangeum asked her.

More tears leave her eyes as she mentioned the fact that she wished were just a dream. "She—She left."

Silence engulfed the whole mansion. Jangeum didn't know what to do or if it's okay for him to ask how or why. The woman is trembling in his arms and she seemed so weakened by the news. But Jungkook seem to have a different way of coping with the news. He's numb about the pain that their step mother is showing, all he cares is that, Violet, his babygirl — left. He wasn't sure if she'll comeback or how is this suddenly happening.

"What do you mean she left?" He asked harshly. "Where did she go?"

"Jungkook!" Jangeum warned. And Jeongguk was fast to hold Jungkook's arm as if to refrain his twin.

Her mother gave him a glare, a look she never gave them before. "She ran away because of the two of you!"

The twin seem taken aback by her sudden outrage. She never dared to raise a voice to any of them not even to her beloved Violet. This hurts their hearts to be hearing the sweetest woman they know suddenly blaming them and throwing a fit at them. Jangeum could only sigh, not understanding anything nor the shock reaction of the twins, he believed that he did not do a great job keeping a family. He failed once again.