32. Wrath

The slow clap makes me shudder.

"Hello Mar," the voice kindly says.

"Not having a very fun time now are we?"

I knew who it was by their voice, but I was sure when they walked into my vision above me, looking down upon me, and with a look of wrath.

"Taylor Motts."

"Yes, quite right. Glad you recognized me, it's been years." She chuckles with a deepened evil heart.

"I don't understand."

"Oh please,"
She groans,
"You never cared about anyone but yourself. You should have realized this would've happened one way or another. I'm surprised Dean didn't beat me to it, you all used him."

"We didn't use anyone."

"You did, and for your own personal gain. You didn't truly care. You didn't want your brother to live his dream, you didn't want to move because it wasn't convenient to YOU, you didn't want to leave because Jenny was the only person that praised your nonsense and listened to you senselessly. I can go on if that isn't enough."

"Please do." I reply imagining she doesn't really have more to say.

"Gladly. Along this entire trip, you've done almost nothing at all. We have all had our strengths and none of them have played together, we are just doing work for you so that you can take all of the credit. You asked for shelter in my camp and all you did was take me along this useless dinky adventure where you used me even more. You used every place outside of Clinia for your gain. You used the twins for yourself, and because of it, look at all the people you have hurt. Dean's a mechanic and trust me, after all the help he had given you isolate him. You have somehow brainwashed Ezra into thinking you can do no wrong but I'm sick of it!"

I stay silent as the pain shoots through my arm.

"Please help me, my arm is growing tired."

She looks at me with an evil grin.

"No. Help yourself for once."

"Fine but tell me this!"

"Final question, make it count."

"How did you get here?"

"I've known about Cosmo's plan since about the barn. I've played you as much as I could but eventually I grew tired of this superior god complex you seem to have. I'm a decent fear of yours. I'm proving you actually have flaws, Marlow. Face it, you are useless on your own. Now I get to prove that theory. Goodbye Mar."

"Wait please!"

She walked off and didn't come back.

Everything starts to feel real. Realer than before. Less and less like a simulation.

I close my eyes and hold on.

I don't know if this is a simulation or not, but Taylor isn't coming back. There's only one thing I can do.

I can drop.