18. The Danger of the Outskirts

The scorpions, the people, the desert heat, and the lack of resources. Nobody wants to live in the outskirts. Nobody lets them in. They have an electric and technological invisible gate that could tell if you were a naturally born Outskirt person, and if you crossed that line you'd be electrocuted almost fatally. Those who live inside the Clinia, Burrville, Claude Valley, and (unofficially) Necari borders can go in and out as they please, but almost nobody wants to.

The outskirts aren't even really a city or town. It's just the outside of ours. There's people here and there but most of the time they are depicted as old western robbers that stand on the streets looking for trouble and illegal (although technically nothing here is illegal) business.

Problem is that anything goes here. Except they don't take kindly to those who keep them out. That happens to be Taylor and I. We are considered evil and I can't say I blame them for thinking us that way. I mean for years we've been under such strict management and have kept previously and currently innocent people out because of fear.

The government views them all as savages and know that they'll ruin their plan if they let them in any time soon or even before they started abducting random people.

The torturous life of those who live out there only seems to be getting worse throughout the years. At least that's what is on the news. It could just be propaganda to keep us in our cities.

~Sorry for the short chapter guys, this is more of an overview to give you an idea of what the outskirts are like once again from the mind of Mar.~