10. Meeting Disruption

I hear a knock at the door, and it opens right up. "First meeting is right now," Taylor shifts her hips to the left. I stand up and jog over to her.

We make our way through the hallway and back to the tavern. Towards the back there is a red carpeted staircase that we ascend, and go up to the cramped hall up there. We struggle to fit as we both attempt to go through the door on the right.

We figure it out, and inside there are large men, children, and angry women sitting at the table.

"Let's march up to Cosmo and beat him to a pulp!" A man howls. "Or kidnap his buddy Renard!" Another man wails.

"Quiet!" Taylor shrieks. I jump. Everyone goes silent. "Thank you," Taylor says in a completely calm voice. "We will begin the meeting by introducing our new friend and ally. Go on." She nudges me.

"I'm Marlow Lance, call me Mar. My brother was the newfound CEO, and that's when he went missing, as well as everyone else started to. My parents are rebellion leaders Sondria and Krisley."

"She knew Jenny Crosston too." Taylor utters quietly before repeating it again louder for the group to hear.

"How can we trust her?" The man who suggested beating Cosmo up growls. "Well she has some important information, and she doesn't act like the others." Taylor saves me from the man, so I am forever grateful.

"Maybe I can prove my worth." I stammer, nervously fidgeting with my ginger hair.

"Sure, well first off, I'm Otto Owens." This was the man who again, wanted to be up Cosmo Batterby.

"How may I prove myself?"

"Give us some information to start."

I do as I always do. I show Otto my board. My collection over years. My hard work and pride right here on the line. "We already know that." My hard work is shattered in my mind.

"Otto! No, that isn't the case, we know the basics, she goes into more detail if you actually read it." Taylor angrily yells at him.

Otto and Taylor begin to argue.

The awkward argument is interrupted by a crying child and an older kid trying to comfort them. "Shh, relax, it's alright." The girl almost seemed familiar.

"Excuse me," I say kindly, bending down. "Oh! I'm so sorry." She frowns, still trying to calm down the toddler. "I'm Ayla Bates- if you want to report me." She sounds so somber. "I won't report you. I just admire your caring attitude."

"Oh, well thank you. This is my little brother. Our mom was taken by the evil ones." She looks up at me with her brother in her lap.

"I'm so sorry. My family was taken too." I frown as well. Ayla looked about nine years old.

Suddenly a large crack was heard. "What is that?" Ayla asks anxiously. The roof suddenly snaps and comes roaring off the building. With the roof the walls follow. People start lifting off the floor and raising into the blue beam. People left and right run out of the room. "They've come!" Otto howled. "Everyone run, quickly!" Taylor yells.

The room, as full as could be, emptied within seconds. Some people got away, but others, they all got taken.

We all stood for a moment in the tiny hallway, watching the despair that filled the barely existant room.

The UFO began to glide to the hallway, once against causing terror and chaos. We all ran downstairs, tripping and tumbling over each other. The people in the tavern, much less than before, still unaware, looks more concerned now. "Run!" Taylor cries. The tavern is clear by the time all of the meeting attendants got downstairs.

We'd all spread out outside, trying to find a hiding place from the UFO.

The large beam, after inhaling the entire building, shuts off, rising back up into the metal piece. It whirs away to the city buildings in the distance.

"Roll call, quickly!" Taylor calls.

"Otto," "here!" "Cameron," "Ayla!" "Here!"

It was heartbreaking to hear names that weren't replied to.

After roll call, we all gathered for an expedition.
We grabbed our stuff- that is if you were one of the people fortunate enough to save it that is. "Halt!" A small voice yells. We all turn around, our jaws drop to see their eyes glowing red.