The ending

I sat beside Thor in the front row of seats that were laid in the grass behind the avengers compound. There was a white sheet set up with a projector and a podium for anyone who wish to say a few words for Gloria.

She didn't have any family that we knew of so it was just the avengers and a few friends from Weydale who could make it.

Thor squeezed my hand giving me a little smile as it was my turn to go up and speak of my lost friend. He could tell I was nervous and gave the back of my hand a little kiss of reassurance. This action made me blush but also calmed my nerves.

I stood up and walked towards the wooden podium. My black dress flowing behind me as I took each step.

I looked out to the other people who had joined us today and smile. "Hello." I spoke into the microphone with a slight stutter.

"Most of you know me but for those of you who don't I am Y/n Y/l/n. I was a good friend of Gloria's for a few months." I took a deep breath and sighed.

"We met while I was in a bad place. I had just left my closest friend and the man I loved. He was there for me everyday of my life until he was crowned king. And than my life changed. And it was scary. So I left. I ran away and made it all the way from that castle on Asgard to weydale." I paused as I made eye contact with Thor. He gave me a thumbs up and pushed me to keep going.

"Everyone in weydale is so nice and amazing but Gloria was my first and closest friend there. She helped me through everything that I was going through. She was the one who got me through the nights of crying..." I paused as my eyes filled with tears. "And she'd hate to know that she's the reason I'm crying now."

I wiped the tears off my cheeks and looked back to the audience. "But it's hard to say goodbye to... someone who was so important in... the world." I sniffled and gripped the rim on the podium.

"Thank you Gloria. For changing my life. For helping me through my rough patch. And for being the amazing woman you were. You will not be forgotten." I bowed my head as Thor ran over to me and picked me up. Carrying me back to my seat.

After all the speeches and everything. Everyone went inside for dinner and conversing.

Thor and I remained side by side with our hands intertwined. Even while in the midst of two different conversations we wouldn't let each other go.

Eventually the crowd began to fan out as people headed home or back to their hotels.

The avengers all stayed of course and we sat around on the couches having little conversations amongst ourselves.

"So. You two. What are you thinking about for the future?" Steve asked as I brought a beer to my lips and took a little sip.

I leaned my head back against Thors chest. His arm wrapped tight around my waist to keep me close to his body. "The future?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Well. We only just became a couple but yeah I can definitely see myself marrying my beautiful darling. And hopefully she will be willing to have my children after we wed." Thor smiled down at me while I looked up at him. He leaned down and kissed my lips before winking at me.

"You two are adorable." Wanda gushed.

"I think it's disgusting. Get a room." Tony rolled his eyes just as pepper walked in and sat down beside him.

"Who needs to get a room?" She asked as Tony kissed her.

"You two." Clint pointed at them from his seat on the floor.

Everyone laughed.

"So. This hammer thing..." Clint asked Thor. "What's the trick? If he be worth he havith the power."

"If you think it's a trick be my guest." Thor gestured to the silver weapon the sat weightlessly on the glass table.

Clint grinned, got up and walked over to it. He gripped the handle and smirked. But as he tried to lift it it didn't move. "I don't know how you do it." He sighed.

"Oh common. It's physics." Tony rolled his eyes and walked over to the hammer. He put his hand through the strap and attempted to lift it. But once again nothing. "One moment." He sighed as he left the room.

A few minutes later he returned with his Ironman glove. But even that didn't work. Tony was trying really hard to beat the system. He even brought Rhodey in with him.

This was just super amusing for thor and I. I cuddled into him happily watching as Bruce had his attempt and once again failed to succeed.

Steve's turn came up and he decided to just go for it.

But this one was different. I watched closely as the hammer slightly lifted from the table. I looked up to Thor whos face had dropped. But as Steve tried again and nothing happened Thor smiled and laughed it off.

"Almost had you there." I whispered in his ear with a smirk.

"Shut up." He mumbled back.

"Ladies?" Tony asked looking around at the women.

Wanda shook her head as nat responded with "that not a question I need answered."

After that everyone's gaze turned to me.

I chuckled a little bit before holding out my hand and the hammer came to it without a hesitation.

"Don't worry fellas. I've been mastering that for awhile now. And Thor was very happy with that result." I winked before placing it back on the table.

Eventually everyone moved on from the hammer and started new conversations.

I looked around at all the happy people in this room. A few months ago I didn't even know who they were. Aside from what Thor told me.

But now I was surrounded by them. And their happiness. Even on a sad day like today these people had smiles across their faces.

I looked back at Thor and saw the man that would be my forever. I was happy. And everything was perfect.

The end